Friday, July 23, 2010

Still no stitching

So.  No stitching.  And there isn't even a lake this summer because we're making dam repairs.  So I may change the name of my blog from Lake Stitcher to Lame Sitting Around Person.

Anyway, last weekend I had a long-time wish come true.  One of my favorite musical artists is Chris Isaak and recently we found out that he had a few tour dates in Pennsylvania.  And even though he was performing all the way across the state, that was close enough!   So Dave and I drove to Lancaster last Sunday evening and enjoyed one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  What a night...wonderful music, performed beautifully.  And he's a very funny, entertaining fellow.  And the show was super high energy.  Oh, and can I tell you that our seats were second row, in the center??  Seriously, I was in heaven.

The video below plays one of his newer songs.  OK, most music videos are lame, so just listen to the music.  He has a whole Elvis/Roy Orbison/Everly Brothers thing going on and as for me....well, it completely works.  Which is very weird because individually those fellows just aren't what I'd find attractive in a boyfriend.  But Chris Isaak?  Pure boyfriend material.  And my husband even has a vague man-crush on him, so I think if Chris became my boyfriend, Dave would be ok with it.  And of course, we all know that Chris Isaak reads my needlework blog, so I should be getting his phone call any day now.  Yup.  Any day now.

Anyway, enjoy this song.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I read the same blogs as Chris Isaak. Also, love the new blog name.

    (Have just started The Art of Racing in the Rain. Love it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky. I love him too. Love, love him. Don't think my husband would be okay with that, but then again, he's in love with Cheryl Crow. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like him too. I just saw a video of him today and hadn't seen him for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Chris Isaak ! He has a one of a kind musical voice! LOve that new title you are thinking of for the blog. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always loved Chris too! Lucky you Lee! What a treat on a summer's eve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! Glad you made the effort to go see him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to spend an evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous! Chris Isaak is a longtime favorite-sounds as if the trip was worth the effort.
    Mary in MN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the stitching mojo will come back!
    I believe Chris Isaak was at Longwood Gardens this year too! We didn't go. It was enough that I got Brian to go to the Boz Scaggs concert at LG last year which was good, but a bit short. Ladies my age were rocking. I feel bad now we didn't go see Chris-it's only 6 miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Chris Issak too; he has a neat voice! Lucky you seeing him in concert, and from the second row!!
    Lol about the Lame sitting around person blog title.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blast - awesome new song by him. Definitely a Roy Orbison kind of feel (which is perfectly fine with me...of course Chris Isaak is easy on the eyes, doncha think??

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, maybe not so new, but what an awesome song!

    ReplyDelete