Monday, August 02, 2010

August Stitching Bloggers Question

Hello everyone!  Well, we've started into the dog days of summer here in my part of the world.  The days are already noticeably shorter and I can hear the late summer bugs humming all day long.  And school will be starting for many of our children very soon.  Even if you don't have kids, there is still something in the air that seems to be urging us to settle down and get ready for fall.

So I thought that this might be the right time of year for a lighthearted and fun SBQ.  Back in 2005, Anna (her creative self) took a song title quiz and turned it into a Cross Stitch Title Quiz.  (Yes, I did just write 2005.  How can I remember what she wrote in 2005, but I can't remember what day it is sometimes? )

So here's the August SBQ deal. 

Read the list of questions below and answer them with the title of a needlework design.  Include the designer's name, too.  Try to add a photo of the design, if you can.  While you don't have to own all of the designs, you should at least want to stitch all of your answers.  And finally, if you played along 5 years ago, try to come up with answers using new design names (ones that have been published in the last 5 years).

1. Are you male or female?

2. Describe yourself:

3. How do some people feel about you? 

4. How do you feel about yourself?

5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend/interest:

6.  Describe your best friend:

7.  Describe where you currently live:

8. Where would you rather be? 

9. Describe what you want to be:

10. Describe how you live: 

11. Describe how you love: 

12. Share a few words of wisdom:

13.  Now use a title to say goodbye:

6 comments:

  1. Yes, school starts in three weeks from today. Can't wait!!!!! And I can't wait for cooler weather. Fall is my favorite time. And I am SO doing this month's SBQ. It may take me a while, but this is the coolest one I've seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Answering the SBQ is a LOT harder than I imagined. I might just see what everyone else's answers are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted my answer http://cross-stitcher-anonymous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, August is that time of getting ready for school. I ordered backpacks yesterday from Amazon.
    The SBQ will be fun but will take a bit of thinking and research. I be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted my SBQ answer on my blog:
    http://nssaprof.blogspot.com/2010/08/august-sbq-answers-with-pictures.html. See what you think.

    ReplyDelete