Tuesday, August 03, 2010

More Summer Basket

I was stitching away over the weekend! I'm happy to tell you that my urge to stitch has come back to me.  Part of it is the encouragement that you all send my way.  You know how it is when you know something is pretty and you like it, but your enthusiasm wanes?  But then a friend gives you a compliment and you can get all excited about it again?  That's what's happened here.  Some very sweet online and face to face friends have spurred me on!

More excitement...I had a wonderful afternoon with Linda (no blog, but working on it) recently where we stitched and ate and then headed over to JoAnn's with our framing coupons in our hot little hands!  I had decided to frame Spring Violets and Lo How a Rose, and I was glad to have Linda with me to help bounce mat and frame ideas around.  Let me tell you....I haven't had anything professionally framed in years, so it was very exciting!  I think they'll be ready in a couple weeks.

Anyways, here is where I left off with Summer Basket on Sunday evening:
Summer Basket - BBD

20 comments:

  1. So glad your stitching mojo has returned! Sounds like you had a fun afternoon with your friend :) Lovely stitching on SB...this is a really pretty project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! Glad your friend got you excited about it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful colors! This is a pretty piece and I'm glad you're on your way to a finish! Can't wait to see your framing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends make everything better, even stitching and eating, which are pretty darn good to begin with. Add in the shopping and you had a perfect combination. I'm so glad the mojo is back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your summer basket is looking terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, great progress Lee! You're almost done with Summer Basket! I'm glad your stitching mojo returned...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Lee! I had hoped to have some kind of a finish this week , close but no cigar! anyhow it will come . glad you got your mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer Basket looks great! LOVE the bright pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Summer Basket is looking very nice! Glad you feel like stitching again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer Basket looks lovely.
    Isn't it nice when the mojo comes back?

    ReplyDelete
  11. SB is just sooo pretty! Great job - glad you feel like stitching again. :) I went and bought the Chris Isaak CD - totally your fault...you do realize that don't you? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty piece, can't wait to see it finished. Glad you got your stitching mojo back.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice project. And what a progress you were making on it! Stitching on nice projects certainly helps, too, to get out of a stitching slump.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gee, I go away for a while to the beach and I miss 7+ posts from you!! You've been a super-blogger this week, Lee! Wish I could capture some of that for myself--I seem to have dwindled down to twice a month :(

    I'm loving this piece--looks like a nice and relaxing summer stitch. Can't wait to see the frames that you and Linda selected for your flower pieces. Would you believe I've never had anything professionally framed? But, that will change with Christmas at HRH--better start saving my money now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Summer Basket is a lovely design adn the colors are so pretty together. Happy stitching
    Shay

    ReplyDelete