Friday, August 27, 2010

Yikes!

Holy cow...10 days without writing in my blog?  And here I am at Day 11 yet I feel like I don't have a single interesting thing to tell you.  I think I've had writing burn-out for the past 10 days.  I had to do so much work related writing that I didn't have any energy left for fun writing.  Consequently, if I owe any of you an email or a comment, I'm so sorry!  I'll be keeping up better in the future.

But here's the thing.  Once I stop blogging - even for a short time, it takes, like, a super-human effort for me to start up again.  (Please try to picture me all red-faced and sweating and squinting with effort right now.  It adds to the drama)

So I packed two kids off to college last weekend, and now let the rejoicing begin.  Well, maybe later, after I finish mailing them all of the crap they forgot.  Mom's Delivery Service, yessiree.

And can I tell you about the mess they left behind and about the disgusting state of my daughter's bedroom? 

I don't have any milestone stitching to show you today.  I'm working my way around the star border on BBD Summer Basket, and it's slow, slow, slow.  Or maybe I'm just bored with it.  My goal was to have it finished by Labor Day weekend and that's going to take some serious dedication.  But I'm optimistic.

Why do I want it finished by Labor Day weekend?  Because I'm planning a trip to Salty Yarns in Ocean City MD, which is where I bought it and I'd love to show it to Sally and her girls.  (Yes...I am a compliment whore)

Have a nice Weekend Before Labor Day Weekend gang!

9 comments:

  1. I think my DD's freshman I spent nearly $200 mailing things to her. It was ridiculous. But all her friends certainly enjoyed it when she got a package from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOL!

    I can relate to the "compliment whore" bit. You know, you just like it when others admire your work. I like to look at mine a lot after I finish it, it always amazes me that i can make something so great with a piece of fabric and some threads.

    Well, the kids are still kids, it will take a bit before that changes. The first 2 years of college mine still needed a little "help" from me, but I promise you, it gets better!!! It is an emotional roller coaster though for parents....hang in there...this too shall pass.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about blogging. Once I stop for a day or so, it's like that grows into a week. I LOVE Salty Yarns. The ladies are very nice in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't we all compliment whores? I mean, we blog for fuck's sake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing for my blog has become sooo difficult this summer. I don't think I lack material, just the ability to form coherent thoughts to put into words. :D

    Sympathies extended for having to face your daughter's bedroom! I don't even open the door on my middle dd's room. In a couple of weeks she'll begin moving her things to the apartment she'll be starting married life in. I can't tell you how excited I am, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny - hope you get some relaxing time and finish that piece before Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They'll be home for Christmas before you know it and you'll get to do it all over again!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I can easily understand the reason for wanting to get the BBD piece finished before next weekend, lol. I hope you will show pictures from your visit at Salty Yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire was a little OCD about not forgetting things. But, I need to get her a step stool so she can reach her overhead storage and she didn't realize she needed her little black dress and high heels LOL. Guess that's Miami for ya...hopefully she'll stay in sandals, sneakers and jeans.

    ReplyDelete