Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Favorite Posts of the Month

I've been playing with the pages that Blogger has allowed us to add to our blog.  The truth is, I lead a very boring life and sometimes I can hardly come up with a post that isn't a total snore.  So I don't really have anything to fill up additional pages.

But you?  Now you're a different story.  I use Google Reader and I can't even tell you how many of your posts that I've "starred" to keep.  Sometimes I just want to go back and read something again.  You write so well and can be so thought-provoking that I want to remember your words.  Sometimes you've posted about a great design or your interpretation or finishing idea is so wonderful that I want to keep it around for a good long time. 

So I've added a new page to my blog, called Favorite Posts of the Month.  I've been working on a September page, but since I didn't think about this until late in the month, I know I've omitted several great posts from earlier in September.  But a girl has to start somewhere.

Anyway, it's a static page, so it won't update in your blog readers like a regular blog post.  I guess I'll just post here at the end of the month when I've completed the page and then you can click over. 

You all are so talented.  And I'm really happy that you all share your work and your words with the rest of the blogging world.  And now I have material for a second page!  See?  It all works out.

13 comments:

  1. I, for one, love your second page.... and that's not just because a managed to be on it in it's first month. It does give me something to aim for, though. It's a great way to show everyone some cool blogs they might not know about.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea about favorite posts of the month! The ones you listed have been some of my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not boring, or I wouldn't be following you. As for me though, I guess I feel the same as you do. I don't think that I have too much to say or its definitely not that poetic. Maybe I'm just timid to say too much about myself and my life. As for the new pages that blogger has added, I've been thinking about adding some to my blog too, I'm just too busy right now to sit down and figure it out. Can't wait to see yours. It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fantastic idea! Its a great way to share what you really like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'm flattered that you included me too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fantastic idea! I think I might have to borrow it, if that's okay. And thank you so much for including my recent post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever girl you are! I love the idea of Favourite Posts and you've gone ahead and set it up! OK, it's all about the fact that one of my posts is there (ta!) - allow me one moment of glory - alright now I'm over it and can move on to look at other great posts.

    You are not a bore or a snore, Lee. You come up with great ideas and your stitching is pretty good too! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I nominate your "things to pack for camp" post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a great idea (and not just because one of my posts is on the list, but thank you - I'm flattered :) ). I read most of the blogs you mentioned but not all so it's nice to check out what other people find interesting. Plus, with so many blogs/posts to read, it's easy to forget stuff - this is a nice reminder.

    BTW, you asked about the scissors in my Simple Joys post; they're by DMC - peacock style. They're pretty inexpensive, but fine pointed and sharp, nice to use. Sorry it's taken me a while to respond - I've been meaning to post again and address a couple of comments but it hasn't happened yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I am afraid to add one of those second pages after managing to wipe out my blog while doing a few minor changes. I need the daughter who's away at college to be standing next to me, ready to fix whatever I manage to mess up. :P I enjoyed seeing the different blogs--discovered a new one (Queen Bee), too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You? Boring? You're one of the most entertaining bloggers around, Lee! And your last post proves it :)

    I'm honored to be included in your very first "Blog Posts of the Month", but you forgot a wonderful one--your very own Summer Basket finish post!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool idea. Look forward to seeing it each month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a great idea : )

    I'm using the pages section for my book list - I try to keep it up to date and also my 'list' which I started in 2008. It has been in my handbook, and is quite beat up! So, much better on line where I can easily update/edit it.

    ReplyDelete