Thursday, October 21, 2010

Floating between projects

It has been fall break time for my college student children, so I haven't been getting much stitching time in lately.  And when I am stitching, I can't seem to focus on anything in particular.  So I'm floating between several projects. 

I shouldn't float like this.  It feels like I'm not accomplishing anything.

Isn't it funny the way that the energy in your house transfers its energy to your stitching?  For two weeks, my house had a revolving door.  It felt like I had a parade of people moving in and out, here and there, coming and going.   And that's the way my stitching has been. 

Still - there's a positive side of all of this confusion and traveling, because I've had some really nice face time with a couple stitching friends.  I met a new friend on my way to pick up Colleen.  Denise and I met up for coffee last Friday and had a wonderful visit.  She's a neat lady with an easy laugh.  Then on Tuesday I drove the little darlin' back to school and planned a visit with Barb.  I'll tell you what, the time just flies when we're talking.  What a great person!  I love it when you haven't seen someone for a year but picking back up where you left off is so easy. 

I had better get some work done...
Till next time!

4 comments:

  1. I agree about the floating between projects -- it really does cut down on finishes. lol! Nice to have some time with friends, and with your college kids too. My college kid will be home around Halloween. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, me too. Not sure what I'm picking up yet. As a a matter of fact - I have a container of patterns sitting beside me.

    And I hope to see you again soon. Maybe when you pick Colleen up for the holidays.

    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll stop floating when you're ready! No worries. Family and other activities often takes us away. When I'm really busy, it's hard to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, at least you're enjoying yourself and still stitching! My younger two are home this coming week for midterm break and I doubt much stitching will be done.

    ReplyDelete