Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Day 2 of NaBloPoMo

I'm totally groovin' to Springsteen's The Promise while I'm writing this.  Although it won't be released until November 15, you can listen to it over at NPR's First Listen.  It has a very vintage feel to it.  While I wouldn't want to go back to my teenage years, I love that this album reminds me of driving around Philly with my girlfriends, car windows open, singing along with Bruce on the radio at the top of our lungs. 

How about you?  What did you sing at the top of your lungs when you were a teenager?

I wish I could show you some stitching today, but nothing wants its picture taken just yet.  My PS Santa is still headless and it's just too sad to photograph headless things.  A project that's closest to being finished is an exchange gift, so I won't show that until it's been given.  (Yes, Erie girls - I'm still working on it!) 

Two days till our stitching weekend.  I neeeeeed this.

9 comments:

  1. Before I was a teenager (probably around 9 or 10) I remember singing to Tony, Orlando & Dawn (isn't that scary). And also all the tunes from Grease. But the teenage years, I remember more of the Prince and Madonna craze...especially living up in Prince Country (Minnesota).
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I know I'm old when I can't remember what I used to belt out when I was a teenager. Crosby Stills and Nash and James Taylor just seem too tame.

    Put the last stitches on mine last night and finish finishing today. Wish me luck. I have a lot to do in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I still sing at the top of my lungs and I'm past the half century mark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was Def Leopard for me! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, check the lists of hits from the early to mid 70s. Chances are that I was singing those along to my transistor radio (or my clock radio).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Def Leppard, Kiss, Ratt, Whitesnake, White Lion, Duran Duran, Stray Cats, Katrina and the Waves, Prince, Whitney Houston, MJ, John Cougar, ZZ Top. Can we say 1980's? And the thing is - now it's the Eagles, '70's funk, today's pop singles and all the '80's.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, when I was a teen, I knew all the top 40 pop/rock songs and loved singing while I drove around. In fact, I got my one and only ticket while driving in the middle of nowhere Idaho, windows rolled down on a gorgeous spring day, radio cranked, and me singing along. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, when I was a teenager I was listening to and singing with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. I still remember my favourite songs Twist and Shout and of course Satisfaction. Bruce was also a teenager back then so there were no songs by him yet, lol. Today I have a couple of Springsteen CDs in my car and you can bet I know them all by heart and sing along. I'm also looking forward to The Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, it was The Boss for me, too. I can remember singing into a hair brush, pretending it was a microphone, helping Bruce sing "Trapped". Ah, memories. I have to be careful about listening to him because he reminds me so much of home--gotta avoid the homesickness!

    ReplyDelete