Thursday, November 18, 2010

The dentist is not my friend

I have a really long dentist appointment this morning, and because I'm a total wimp, I'll take some happy pills so that I don't get all crazy in the dentist's chair.  A few years ago I would have judged the heck out of anyone who needed to do this.  But now?  I just don't care.  They can try all of the soft music or TV distractions they can muster.  After a certain amount of time I'm just toast, so I'm glad for my little pills.

Am I the only one to think this, but why is it that every time I go to the dentist or doctor for one thing, it turns out to be something else and the treatment is way more complicated than I'd expect.  And the treatment is worse than the original problem?

Yuck.

8 comments:

  1. Not a wimp :) I have dentist office issues too and have been known to have a meltdown during treatment. Hope things go at least no worse than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree...a dentist office is hardly the place I want to go. It was easier to have my son (many moons ago)by natural childbirth! lol And this I have told to my dentist. Try to relax, and maybe it will be easy this time and no surprises. keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think it is way worse than it is; like I am going to need chemo, but it just ends up being drugs delivered via enema. (You have to have a sense of humor about that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what the "little ones" are for Lee! Being an anesthetist, I'm all for 'em helping us out in these situations.

    I have always hated it too when people tell you to just RELAX...they aren't in your shoes. I never tell patients that. What may be "routine" to me, isn't to them as a patient.

    My brother in law is my dentist so I guess I have an advantage..I can bail when the going gets rough and he can't do anything about it!

    My anxiety and wimp levels are already through the roof as I have an MRI of my foot tomorrow. There aren't enough little pills to get me through that. Hopefully, it's just my foot and not ME that's rolled into the machine.

    Good luck. Here's hoping all goes well for you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you. I won't bore you with the details, but my dentist has offered to write a prescription for me, so far I've turned him down. One of these days, though, I'm going to take him up on it. So far I get by with the extra heavy duty novocain.

    At this point in the day, you should be home. Had I known before I would have been cheering for you.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Lee. You have my sincere sympathy. Enough said, or I will get anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dentists stink...and I despise Doctors. Sad think is, I have to work with them....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, hope everything is okay! I do a happy dance when the dentist says "everything looks good".

    Your sal looks good...love your colors. If you get time, peak at mine.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete