Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Erie Getaway Part 2

First off, I want you to see what I received for our stitched exchange. It's this lovely pincushion!
I just love having special accessories near me while I'm stitching.  I love gadgets to begin with, but there's nothing like the feeling of being immersed in your hobby.  You know...the feeling you get from having all of your tools right next to you?  Like when you sit down and you feel your mind say, "This is where I belong."  I wish I could describe it better, because it's a great feeling.  Needless to say, I'll think of the fun weekend and our friendship every time I use this.

Oh - I forgot to mention that the package I gave had some Fallingwater souvenirs in it, and the package I received had a wonderful book from a local author and some tasty treats, including wine jelly and apple salsa! 

Also, if you're interested in visiting the Lake Erie Wine Country, you can go to this website to get started.  It's pretty comprehensive and no publication can list everything, but it's a good place to start.

7 comments:

  1. Lee, I know exactly what you mean. I have my little stitching corner and when I sit down, I am at home and leave everything behind. And I also love my gadgets ;-)
    Hugs
    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we all love our gadgets...and I also keep many around me..sometimes they become a distracrion! lovely pincushion....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pin cushion! I love my gadgets too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee, what you are describing brings a picture of a little kid surrounded by his/her favourite toys! We all love that special feeling of being surrounded by things we know will give us great joy!

    I totally get it! From as early as I can remember, give me a comfy couch, a pile of good books and no one to bother me and I'm in heaven!

    ps A very cute pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great retreat Lee. Love this picture. I need to get back to blogging but a Christmas piece I was working on needed so many revisions that I haven't posted. hopefully soon. Thinking of you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do know what you mean Lee! That feeling is the best thing in the world, and I try to find it every day. What a beautiful exchange you got.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my gadgets as well.Erie PA is 3 hours from me.Sounds like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete