Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Walking

On Tuesdays and Thursdays (and almost always one weekend day), I walk with a buddy.  On Monday, Wednesday, Friday and the other weekend day, I walk alone.  It's a nice mix, because walking alone can get lonely, but being with someone else all the time can get tiresome. 

So today I was alone and feeling pretty good.  I got a little lost in the music, which is nice.  And as usual my mind flits here and there, often landing on whatever project is in my HandiClamps.  Today it was La D Da's Live, Love, Laugh.  I've been admiring that forever.  Bought it at the shop hop in May and finally got it started over the weekend. 

But am I foolish to start anything at this time of year?  Because shortly I'll be wishing and dreaming about a bunch Christmas projects and "LLL" will be gathering dust. 

If I had a plan (and if I stuck to a plan) I could probably choose one day each week to stitch LLL.  But I've only ever stuck to a stitching plan once in my life and that was only because I had a partner.  So maybe what I need is a SAL partner. 

How about it?  Any takers?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like it would be fun...but I have not picked that up yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the La D Da Live Laugh Love and would love to SAL with you but I am about to sink already with holiday stitching.LOL I don't dare to start anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I have this one in my stash just screaming to be stitched! This would be great motivation for me to finally get it going. I will stitch with you...just let me know when and where.

    Now...to go pull it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just looked at that pattern today and thought I should stitch it as a Christmas gift, or for me. I don't have the threads...are you using silks? Would love to stitch along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am way too unstructured to do a SAL like that. I'd be too unreliable and I have too much on the go already. Several of my projects make my family speculate whether they will be done before I die. I know. How supportive!
    I love getting lost in the music too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy stitching LLL! It is such a 'feel good' one to stitch!

    ReplyDelete