Friday, November 12, 2010

Welcome to Wrinkle World

Here are two pieces I've been working on lately.  And they're terribly wrinkled because I didn't press them before snapping the pictures.  The sun is so elusive at this time of year, and so when I see the sun I run for the camera.

First up...the 1994 PS Santa card.   He'll have his hat on soon.  At least now he has a face. Stitched on 19 ct. linen with 4 strands of DMC
And next is La D Da's Rise and Shine. I'm enjoying this a lot. Not only because it's such a happy verse to stitch, but because it uses three simple colors.  Wonderful.  Stitched on bittersweet linen with two strands WDW threads.  The photo has a rather blue cast to it.  Not quite right, but you get the idea.
It's time to start planning my Thanksgiving meal.  Turkeys are easy enough...it's the side dishes that get me.  Not that I'm not good at them...just that I'm bored to tears with them.  On the other hand, my family doesn't eat very adventurously.  I just have to find a happy compromise.

15 comments:

  1. Love both of your WIP's. Can't help with the Thanksgiving sides. My family and friends are very traditional. Same thing every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these pieces and can't wait to see the finished results. Might even have to add them to my to do list! It just keeps growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the Santa you had on the scroll bars that I got to see? He's looking great and I like this saying too!

    Just a hiint for our sides - corn, lima and green beans, cauliflower and cheese, cranberry sauce, dressing, and anything else they want to bring.

    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stitching! I just love LaDDa!

    Sorry I can't help with tday sides. I am a hopeless cook. Baking...that I can do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prairie Schooler designs just jump out at you - I love them. Your Santa looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom used to wake us up singing Rise and Shine. I like that one. The only Thanksgiving sides we do are heavy and fattening. You should see the looks we got when we roasted green beans one year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your WIPs. The PS Santa is so cute...love the sunflowers.

    Good luck with the Thanksgiving menu...is it really that close????

    ReplyDelete
  8. And they look even nicer in person :)

    I farm out all the side dishes except the potatoes, pumpkin bread, stuffing, salad, and desserts to relatives, Lee. With almost 25 coming for Thanksgiving that is the only way I can handle it. Just bought my turkeys today--could barely throw the 22 pounder into my shopping cart! The 13 pounder was a breeze :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the Santa...loooking forward to seeing WIP finished too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your two WIP's especially the La D Da one. This is one that when I see it reminds me that I should really have it in my stash. Looking forward to watching your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great WIPs! They both look wonderful. And I hear you on the Thanksgiving sides - what to make that people will want to eat. I made some wonderful brandied apples one year out of a Julia Child cookbook and everyone turned up there nose - they wanted what they had every year. Boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess you just can't mess with tradition, Lee! Personally I love Turkey, stuffing, brussels sprouts, gravy, green bean casserole, homemade cranberry sauce.... oh, don't forget pumpkin pie! I'll get creative some other night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful WIPs. Can't wait to see the next progress pic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice WIPs! I really like the Santa!

    ReplyDelete