Monday, December 13, 2010

Tips for an efficient and organized sewing space

This very interesting article was in my email on Friday.

The timing was perfect for me.  I know that most of us are knee-deep in projects as we try to finish our Christmas stitching, but folks, you should see my stitching area.  When I get to the point of having several projects to finish-finish at one time, (like right now) that usually means some sewing.  Then I make the world's biggest mess.  Then I get overwhelmed by it and it stays a disaster area until I can work up the nerve to jump in there and reorganize.

Anyway, before we know it, Christmas will be over and January will be here and we'll all catch that cleaning and organizing bug.  So even though you probably can't even think about it right now, bookmark this page for later, when your mood is right!

5 comments:

  1. Her hint to put a fabric covered piece of plywood on inexpensive organizing units IS THE BEST. Premade raised large work tables are expensive. I've dared post a couple pictures of my work space.... but not ALL of it. I, too, work in a messy space. I just like things out where I can see them.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article has a lot of great tips! My best tip is that when I'm finished in my sewing room for the day, I take 5 minutes to straighten up. I don't always do it (like I didn't on Friday) but I do most of the time. It's made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had just SOME of your talent - great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the article. Reading and seeing pics of organizing helps me get ideas.

    ReplyDelete