Saturday, January 08, 2011

I've been searching my mind

It's what happens when I've been gone from my blog for a while.  Early this week I was thinking that I was going to post again, but I let myself all worried about what I should write.  Sometimes a catch-up post feels too overwhelming.  And to tell the truth, I became very bored with everything.  So then I don't write anything at all.

Well, what happened this morning to change my mind?  A huge inspirational moment.

*
*
*
*
*
*

Wait for it.
*
*
*
*

I found stitchy underwear in my house!

I was in the kids' bathroom this morning.  I shut the door and lo and behold these underpants were behind the door and on the floor.  I blinked a couple of times thinking, "Hey, that looks like something I would stitch.  What the....?  It's underwear!"

Now I don't know who these belong to.  Maybe John's girlfriend, who was here for several days.  Or maybe they belong to Colleen and in that case I'm wondering she if doesn't harbor some secret desire to do some needlework.  Maybe I'll pursue that...tell her that this how I know she secretly wants to stitch and drink tea and watch several episodes of Judge Judy with her mother. 

But more importantly, I thought - Finally!  I have something post-worthy!

(I actually did have second thoughts about posting this, only partly because my daughter seems to be following my blog now and I was thinking that she might get embarrassed.  But then I decided that anything left on the bathroom floor is fair game.  And now maybe my bathroom floor will be less....cluttered.)

Well, in my time away from my blog, I missed posting the January Stitching Bloggers Question and I didn't add a December favorites page.  I can't make any promises about the Question this month, and since I was away so much in December, I probably won't write a favorites page, either. I hope to get back into the swing of that soon, because I enjoyed doing it.  


Off to watch the Pitt game.  Yes - the coachless Pitt football team.  I'm too sad about that.  


Have a nice weekend everyone!

22 comments:

  1. Love your sharing of the 'stitchy' underwear! Your blog is fun to look around ~ I'm enjoying your book reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the favorites page too! (And not just because it's a place to see my name in lights.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know where the owner got them! Hopefully your daughter won't be embarrassed. What you posted really didn't look like unmentionables!

    I enjoy your favorites recap...I have found quite a few blogs to follow by investigating the links you provide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stitchy underwear too funny lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back and love the subject! We all need to know where to find stitchy underwear, so put on your detective clothes and let us know!

    Will be looking forward to the reutrn of the favorites page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you mean the former coach for Miami? Bummer.

    I bet they don't make stitchy underwear in our size. Not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How Cute!! I love the topic!! Your comments that were written really small made me giggle!! I agree, if its on the bathroom floor its fair game!! Great to see you back posting!! Hope you had a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that has to be the most brilliant thing to bring you back to posting - stitchy panties! Who'd have thought it? Quietly it waited to be found. You know what the next post has to be don't you? The big reveal - the identification of the owner of the said panties! tee hee!m

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny. I've never seen stitchy underwear but would surely buy it.

    Oh, my daugher follows me, too. Glad to hear you have the same thing happening. You'd think they would purposely NOT follow us.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought the panties were boxers at first! How funny to see your under wear on the internet! lol

    Glad to see you back! No worries about the questions or favorite page. We'll all do the happy dance when you get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely hysterical! And yes, if it's left on the bathroom floor it is definitely fair game for public humiliation.

    I, too, worry about what to post when I've neglected my blog. But I usually just jump right in and say something stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh...I MUST have a pair of those!

    I wonder if they sell in them in thong style.....well not that I...ummmm....

    oh whatever

    ReplyDelete
  13. too funny......how do you go about advertising for the owner????? lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Who knew?!? Keep us posted on the panties update.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too funny about the panties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bahahaha!!!!!

    If it is on the bathroom floor it is definitely fair game.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was a GREAT-back-from-a-blog-break post! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the post! Vrey pretty ubderwear ( never thought I would be saying that in blogland ). Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your life is a lot more interesting than mine :) Too funny, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A mystery! I wonder if putting pictures on the net would help with my resident slobs?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stitchy underwear!! I love it. But you had me at Judge Judy. We are STILL getting reruns here, and I'm going through withdraw. I'm considering calling the network but don't know how loser-ish that would be.

    ReplyDelete