Tuesday, January 18, 2011

LK 2010 Snowman

First of all, I want to say how much I appreciated all of the comments on my last post. Sometimes I think I'm worrying/thinking/kvetching too much. That most other people are happily skipping through life and what's wrong with me during the moments when I can't skip along with them. And then I toss something out into the blog world and you all respond that sometimes you're not always skipping either. It sure makes a girl feel good.

On to stitching!  I finished the 2010 LK Snowman yesterday. I liked this little snowman as soon as I saw him. And looking at this will always remind me of the really lovely day that Dave and I had in Vermillion, Ohio.

He's stitched in most of the recommended threads, on 32 ct. Natural Belfast.  Finished with the LK's little embellishment kit, but I don't think it was necessary.  Who doesn't have a few Mill Hill beads and a couple of buttons in their basket somewhere?

Last night I dusted off Live, Love, Laugh again. It was missing me.  It was put so far away over the holidays that it was sending me post cards.  Here's where I left off in December:
And here's where I am now.


True confession time:  I'm not too in love with the Belle Soie silks that I'm using.  When I park my thread to begin a length, it's leaving bits of color behind.  It's also a bugger to anchor the threads when I'm finished.  Coverage is only so-so.  I wish I had stitched this with some of Vikki Clayton's premium silks instead.  I think that will be my go-to source for silks from now on.

Finally, I'm going to ask you all for a favor.  My daughter Colleen has decided to start a blog.  She's put up a couple of posts and she's experimenting with Blogger.  I think she has a good beginning.  Could you pop over there, maybe give her some encouragement?

I'm glad that she's started this.  She needs to write, write, write.  But not about her mother.  That's definitely a one-way street.

22 comments:

  1. I love your LK Snowman. He looks fantastic.
    I want to stitch him so bad. But I don't see him in the near future. lol.
    Great progress on your Live Love Laugh.
    I am over to check out your daughters blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your LK Snowman and I never thought I'd run across anyone who visited Vermillion. That's where I'm from! It was such a small, simple place when I was a little girl. I haven't been back in about 10 years or so, but it had changed so much. I miss those times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your LK Snowman looks awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowman turned out great! I am working on mine today. Live Laugh Love looks great too. I am off to check out Colleen's blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Live Laugh Love is gorgeous! I love the colors in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snowman! I will check out Colleen's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that snowman!! But I haven't found many I don't like as of yet. lol Colleen's blog is great! I left her a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colleen's blog is good. Maybe if she knows your friends are stopping by she'll avoid writing about you!

    Love the snowman.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well. Now that you mention it, maybe I should start writing about all my mother-induced teen angst. There's just always so much of it to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your snowman finish - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute snowman finish. I love the bright colours. Your LLL is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the L*K Snowman! He's on my list to stitch this year. Great progress on your LLL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute snowman, and the live, love laugh piece is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The snowman looks adorable!
    LLL looks great, sorry to hear about the floss issues.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We all think everybody else is living a better life, less neurotic etc, don't we? So not true!

    Love your snowman! He is so cute! I also love your Quaker. You choose such beautiful colours! I love a love/loathe thing with Belle Soie too and it's wierd how the red shades tend to stain the the linen, but I love some of the colours I have used! Need to try Vikki's premium though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your LK Snowman. The colors are soo cheerful. Your other WIP is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cutie pie, your newest snowman is, Lee! Beautifully stitched, too :)

    I'm sure your LLL will finish up very quickly now that the holidays are over--your colors are wonderful, but I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the silks. I just received my first set of Vikki Clayton silks to stitch The Victoria Sampler Christmas Village (who knows when I'll ever get around to actually starting it though!)... I've never used silks before so I hope I like them.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your snowman is so cute! Love him!

    Lovely to see LLL out again. It's such a gorgeous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just got this LK Snowman - love it even more now. Must get to this soon!

    Going to see what Colleen is up to!

    ReplyDelete