Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Nothing to show today

I'm working on something, but I can't show it yet.  Maybe after February 14.  Does that tell you something?

I like to read Gretchen Rubin's blog, The Happiness Project.  Maybe it's her propensity for using lists, because I always like a good list.  But anyway, a couple of days ago she posted a quote by William James that made me laugh.

"Nothing [is] so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task."
--William James


Really William James?  Why don't you come visit my needlework closet?  You'll be so fatigued, you'll pass right out.

7 comments:

  1. LOL! He is right though, when my to do list carries over to another day/week etc, it does start to prey on my mind. I'm sure your needlework closet would exhaust me too, but it would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something for Valentine's Day?....Good ole William would be so tired if he met all us Crazies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that quote - might just stitch that and stick it up over my boss's desk lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does HE (obviously a guy, lol)know??? Having another project to turn to is as necessary as breathing for stitchers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! He wouldn't fair any better looking at my unfinished wips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've left this "unread" in my reader for a month now, because I appreciate that quote so much. My to-do lists have to-do lists. I'm trying to declutter lists, home, and life, but it's a slow process.

    ReplyDelete