Monday, January 10, 2011

Retreat Love

When January rolls around, we start dreaming about getting away.  My husband and I start thinking of places we'd like to go and things we'd like to see.   Let's see...you've got your warm beaches and sparkling sands.  You've got your cruises to exotic destinations and glittering ocean water.  And those are all fabulous.

But I can't wait for this!  In April I'm headed to Rock Springs 4H Camp for three nights of stitching fun with my friend Judy and some of her friends, where we'll work on a project by Belinda of Blue Ribbon Designs. Belinda has just posted a photo of the camp piece.  And now I'm counting the days!

Back to getaways, though.  If I had lots of time and money, I'd grab Dave and head to Palm Springs to see some awesome houses, like the Elvis Honeymoon house, the Elrod House (better photos here), and Sinatra's Twin Palms.

After my stitching retreat, of course.  A girl must have her priorities.

8 comments:

  1. You lucky duck!! That sounds like so much fun . Someday .... Happy New year!! The undie story was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I went to a retreat where belinda was the teacher this past october! She is awesome! She is so nice and a great teacher, you will have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous! I love Belinda's work and stitching retreats are the BEST! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a good time! The camp piece is lovely and I love how it relates to the state of Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have a great time! I went to a retreat last year and Belinda was the teacher. She is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just took a look at Belinda's design - wow! You are one lucky retreater to get to stitch that.I look forward to hearing all about it in April.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous LOL! I think I need to start shopping for a retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can hardly wait to see you again! We'll have so much fun. Don't know which one I am more excited about, seeing you again or going to camp again!
    I love the design she has made for us and the fob is perfect for a finish at camp. I am so excited, I think my hubby will be as happy as I am when it gets here....(he won't have to listen to me whine about how long a wait it is).
    I am waiting anxiously to hear about who the underpants belong to...lol.
    Hope you find that scroll frame part you need too, it would drive me crazy until I found it.
    See you soon. Judy

    ReplyDelete