Sunday, February 06, 2011

Phew.

Is it possible to have a stitching hangover?

I'm just back from a 3 day stitching retreat and I'm feeling a little like I've had too much of a good thing.  I can barely get my act together today.  I've been laying around the house like a slug since I got home.

It was a really nice time - one of those very laid back retreats.  We did as much or as little as we liked.  Some of us stitched constantly.  Some watched movies.  Most of us watched the Pens game.  Some went for walks.  I think everyone enjoyed the fellowship and the laughter and encouragement.  And we our cabin was a beautiful facility (follow this link for photos)

I'm not even going to tell you about the food.

I finished two pieces.  I can show you one tomorrow, and the other I'll show you after a certain someone receives it.  And I started a new project that has been on my mind for a while.  (Should I tell you that I took three projects to start?  I obviously think I'm superhuman or something.)

Hmm.  Maybe I should go get my stitching out again.  Maybe it'll be kind of a "hair of the dog" remedy.


See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Can't say I've ever had a stitching hangover before. But then again, I've never finished two projects and started three in a single weekend! Can't wait to see what you've been up to...sounds like a very fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that a stitching hangover would be so worth having! I'm glad you had a good time at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I would love to attend a stitching retreat. The pictures are wonderful...thank you for teasing all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the weather didn't keep you at home like it did last year. I was thinking about you being Laura and the French Knot group. Will be waiting for your finishes!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a fun, relaxing, stitchy time! Can't wait to see your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No such thing...haha - that tiredness has to be from something else!

    ReplyDelete