Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Home again!

The month of April was full of fun and exciting travels for me, including a fabulous stitching retreat in the middle of the month and ending with a week in Ireland. And oh my...what a week it was! I had the time of my life! 

We stayed in a stunning hotel just outside of Dublin, in a little town called Enniskerry.  Enniskerry was a perfect and compact little town, with almost everything you could want.  There were restaurants that ranged from simple take-out to very nice dining.  There was a pharmacy, a grocer, a laundry, and easy access to two buses for trips into Dublin.  Here are a couple of my pictures, but if you go to the Enniskerry website, you'll see some really nice photos.  Much better than mine!

Our hotel was just a short walk up the hill from the center of town - about a mile - and it was right next to the Powerscourt House and Gardens, one of the most beautiful gardens in Ireland.  Stunning!

Now that I'm home, I have a pile of work to catch up on.  I'll have some more pictures, including the gardens, later this week, but I'm excited to show these to you today.

Dave with Sugar Loaf Mountain behind him

Walking up the hill from town to our hotel
Our favorite breakfast spot

Pharmacy!

14 comments:

  1. Oh lucky lucky you!!! I'd love to go to Ireland someday! And stitching retreats I'll take any time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. I went to Ireland on a high school trip with my sister. We were difficult to impress; most of the country reminded us of the little farming town next door to our hometown. Ah, youth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now how did you keep that trip a secret??? I would like to travel to Ireland someday. Our little beach trip will pale in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to soggy western PA, Lee! Sounds like a delightful time for you and Dave--and look is that the thing they call the sun shining on all that lovely greenery? I've forgotten what sunshine looks like :)

    Looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing your photos...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful for YOU! If I were to ever win the lottery, I want to buy a home in Co.Kerry in the west.
    I'm green with envy!
    I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you, a stitching retreat and then Ireland! Glad you had a great trip. Can't wait for more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting and fun. Can't wait to see more pictures.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you! I hope you will regale us with more tidbits from your trips. Check out that hill! If you were walking up that after a meal I hope you allowed yourself dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Adrienne - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear (and see) more! I was lucky enough to go to Ireland twice in one year a couple of years ago - and I'd go back in a minute, Your pretty photos bring back all the lovely green!

    Mary in MN

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed your last 3 posts somehow! You went to Ireland - oh, I can't wait to see the rest of these pics!

    Glad you made it home safely!

    ReplyDelete