Monday, May 16, 2011

Time sure flies

When you're having fun. Well, it was fun for me, anyway!  I thought that the high school years went by quickly, but college went by in the blink of an eye.

Graduation day at Allegheny started off drizzly, then became stormy, so we were moved inside.  And just before the recessional music started, the sun came out and many parents breathed a sigh of relief.  Imagine trying to fit all of these people in the campus center!  And this photo is just a small representation of the crowd on hand.  People were streaming everywhere, but one special graduate was finding his way to his family...


The two students I love most in the whole wide world.



One graduate with five very proud family members


My son and an angel

The Gator!

We're so proud!

That's my boy!
And now all that's left is the moving.  When I was driving away yesterday, I thought I'd be waving goodbye to Meadville for the last time....but no such luck.  How can one young man have so much stuff?  I've raised a pack rat.  I thought he'd get better about it when he was in college, but my son seems to have earned a degree in Hoard-ology. So it looks like I'll be back on the road again later this week.

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son on his graduation. And congrats to you, a proud mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all of you! I love the photos of John with the Gator and you kissing John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your son's graduation! I know you are so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to John! And to you and Dave, Lee--I can see the pride just oozing out of you both... I'm so glad the weather cooperated in the end, too--although I'm sure that gator would have preferred the rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all of you! What a proud mom you must be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the graduate! And to the proud parents, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the graduate and the proud parents too! I loved seeing all the family pics -- they're wonderful! I had to laugh about your having to go back for more of your son's things though. lol! I know that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the new grad!!! Looks like you and your husband did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos Lee! Colleen's blog post was hilarious. Wish I was attending graduation in the spring instead of in December in Colorado :(

    Congrats to John and the happy parents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a handsome young man! How quickly they grow up. I love that sheepish look he has posing in front of the gator! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congrats to your son and you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to your son! Excuse me while I go hum the alma mater...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to your son and all around! It looked to have been a very happy day. The photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to your grad and to you! A college graduation has to be one of the finest things in life. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to your son and you and your DH, too. Wonderful pics - love the one of you smooching your DS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must be soooo proud!!! Wow, this post gave me goosebumps!! It reminded me of my college graduation!! Almost 10 years ago! WOW! Time flies! Congratulations to the graduate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations you must be one proud Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to your son and to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to your son (and the entire family) on his graduation.

    My youngest is a pack rat too. He dislikes change of any kind and that includes not wanting to throw out old clothes, etc. He's totally the opposite of me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! I am sure you're bursting your buttons with pride. Great pictures.

    Oh, and the hoarders comment? I tell my daughter that she's going to end up on the TV show Hoarders if she continues on the path she's going. This for the child who says she has nothing...

    ReplyDelete