Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Vote for the Boyfriend

OK. So I don't post for a week and then I come to you all asking for a favor. Just please forgive the one-way nature of our blogging relationship this month and then once you've forgiven me, please consider my favor!

My daughter's boyfriend is in a blog contest and the prize for the top two vote-getters is the entry fee to a bike race this fall. (a nice chunk of change). There are ten bike racing blogs involved and Montana's blog is in third place by just a small margin.

So could you pop on over here and read his blog?  The kid writes a fun and entertaining blog and I think you'll enjoy it,  even if you don't know the first thing about mountain biking. Then click over here and vote for his blog in the Pisgah Mountain Bike Stage Race Contest. If you don't have a Facebook account (which means you can't vote), maybe leave the young man a comment to encourage him.

And besides, Montana posts pictures like this one below, while the fellow in second place whines that he faces an unfair fight in a Facebook voting contest because of the demographic of his potential voters (Really?  Facebook seems be all the new "thing" for middle aged people.  And older.  Cripes, my mother and all of her 70 and 80 something friends are on Facebook all the time!)  and then he posts pictures like this. (Are there small children looking over your shoulder?  Don't click on that.  I'm so not kidding.)

Cute.  And no penis references were involved.
Thanks gang.  Stitchy progress post tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Ye gads and little fishies, you for sure weren't kidding about not clicking! Then I looked at the guy's blog and had another "holy crap!" moment. I think the name of his team is appropriate!

    p.s., I voted for Montana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to vote! It looks like a tight competition. Tell him I love his grizzly reference to the hippie dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure I voted - at any rate, the number of votes went from 656 to 657 - putting Montana a bit ahead for the moment - hope it holds! That is an adorable photo of your daughter in the trailer.

    Mary in MN

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went over and gave him a vote. Hope he wins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted too! He's in 2nd place right now. Keep us updated on the results. I hope he wins too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted! Checked out the nasty whiny old man blog. Thought about commenting about how whiny he is. Decided he isn't worth the bother.

    ReplyDelete