Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This sampler may outlive me

Since the Life Expectancy quiz has put a period at the end of my life at age 95, I'm starting to question if I'll ever finish this monster. This large round motif ate up a significant part of last weekend.


That was the last round motif. All of the rest are more straightforward. Oh...do you think I'm implying that I'll finish it quickly? Well get that thought right out of your heads. Unless I suddenly become a deposed queen who gets to sit in a dreary tower with her attending ladies all day and nothing else to do but say "woe is me" and work on my needlework, I think we're looking at several more months before I can put this in the FINISHED pile.


Stitch night was a good night for working on Antiqued Sampler. All of the silliness didn't make for accurate counting, though, so I only finished the plant on the left.
The plant on the right was counted and ripped, counted and ripped. And so on. But its little base is finally in the right place and it's ready to rock.
See that cute pinkeep?  It's from Colleen, one of my Friday stitchers.  She brought them back for us when she went to the Celebrations show in Nashua this past spring and it's so darn cute.  It's mostly paper crafted, in case you paper-crafting readers were wondering.  That makes it very lightweight and I take it everywhere.  Also, you'll see that Colleen's name up there has a link associated with it.  So if you click on her name, you'll see that it leads to her blog!  Yes!  Another stitcher enters the blog world!  And a Pittsburgh stitcher at that!  So please pop over there and say hello and admire her stitching.  Especially the two SB stockings that she's just recently finished.  They're beautifully done and bless her for finishing eight of them.  Yes.  Eight.  With minimal cussing.

I'm so looking forward to our Labor Day weekend.  Dave and I plan to go where the wind blows us all weekend.  Even if it just blows us to our own front porch, that'll be just fine by me. 

I hope the wind blows all of you to pleasant places this weekend, too.

17 comments:

  1. OMG, the sampler is huge and beautiful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely one huge sampler, but it's so pretty! And I just love the colors of your Antiqued Sampler. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! You'll be done before you know it... :)

    Both are very pretty... happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lee, thx for sending Pam my way, very kind of you. These are both great, although my eyes went straight for the flame stitch which I'm always partial to:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that sampler is beautiful - gorgeous color choices! IS that round motif stitched over 1??? Sure looks like it - yikes!

    Keep up the great work and enjoy the long weekend.

    Mary in MN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I never get any stitching done at get togethers. LOL

    I am sure it'll be done before you know it...or at least before you are 95. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your stitching looks great. It looks like you are making progress on that big sampler. Just keep at it. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know about that age quiz, Lee--when I took it, it said I'd live to be 105! Say it's not so!! Even with almost 50 more years to live, I'll never stitch everything in my stash. But, I bet you will finish this giant piece :)

    Lovely work, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the paper pinkeep. Is it cardboard in the middle? How is it made? Inquiring minds want to know! I'm glad to see you working on your superhuge project too. Only eight of those stockings? Pshaw. I've done nine! And I'd be on my 10th if I could find the damn Adam's Originals stocking I used for five of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you'll finish that big piece! No problem (this coming from the world's slowest stitcher).

    I'm afraid of the age quiz. It'll just make me obsess more about what I want to finish before my time is up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I'm impressed with your progress on the monster sampler. It's coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have faith that it's not going to take you another 40 years to complete that gorgeous sampler - you have to have some years left over to enjoy just looking at it, you know!

    On a serious note, I like your observations on the previous post. I think you've come up with very good reasons for why we all do get along so well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that sampler is beautiful and huge!!!

    Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on the stitching Lee, it isn't a race!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one big, beautiful sampler; love the colors!!! I ove the colors and the design of the Antiqued Sampler, too. Both are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one honkin' big sampler, but it is GORGEOUS!! I love your Antiqued Sampler, too--the colors in it are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, even if it takes you till you are 95, you'll be working on one gorgeous design. But I hope you have a few more years in you than that (with perfect eyesight, of course!)

    ReplyDelete