Friday, October 07, 2011

A most unusual scissor frog

Here's a bit of fun!

My husband brought this thingy home from work about a month ago, so it's been sitting around my office for a while.  The  other day I was looking at the many flower frogs that are holding my blogging friends' scissor collections and I thought of this and then a light bulb went on.  Hey - scissors!  I think it's interesting in a funky, antique-y sort of way.


So here's the bit of fun...Dave said, "Do you know what that is?"  Nope.  I didn't.  Then he told me and I was quite surprised.  Well, I thought it might be fun to have you all guess about this, too.  Send me your guess by Monday, Oct 10 and someone will win a little prize from me!  If more than one person guesses correctly, I'll draw a name from the correct guesses.  If no one guesses correctly, I'll draw a name from the whole shebang.

Don't guess in the comments. Instead, send your guess to me by email at lakestitcher@gmail.com.  And remember to do it by Monday.

Here are two hints:  1) It came from one of our old pharmacies, and 2) It's solid brass.

Good luck!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sent you a guess.
    Whatever it is, it does look good with those scissors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.... I am guessing that this held small viles of meds... long ago perhaps they mixed things that way... I love you adaption though for your scissors....Very smart!~ Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm off to send you my answer!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't got a clue and your hints totally blew what I had in mind. It's cool and it works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't a clue what it is, but will send you my guess. Whatever the thing is, it looks good with your cissors in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooops! That should be scissors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gonna be honest, have no idea what it is but it looks awesome holding your scissors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. have no idea, but what a great adaptation for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait until you tell us all what it really is! Nicely little collection of scissors and a great way to show them off as well as have them at your ready!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a really neat looking scissor frog! I love it. Gonna send you a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't know what it is but it looks good with your scissors! Will send you my guess.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete