Friday, November 18, 2011

Another Ornament stitched!

I finished stitching another of my ornament kits from our Erie get-together. This one was from our Carol, who stitches many beautiful ornaments all through the year and is our local Queen of Over One Stitching!  Carol chose the Sampler Girl design from the 2011 JCS Ornament issue, and even packed some finishing fabric and trim for us.

The colors are brighter in real life - it's so hard to get nice pictures during this time of year!

I have a kitchen report for you - My counter top was installed yesterday and I think it looks really nice.  My sink will be workable again and the appliances should be back in place by this afternoon, and then probably another day or so will be needed for the rest of the trim in the room and I should be ready to cook Thanksgiving dinner.  How's that for just squeaking by?

Once it's all over with, I'll show you some before and after pictures.  I didn't take any "during" pictures - I don't want to remember that part....

20 comments:

  1. Very nice ornament.

    Can't wait to see the kitchen photos.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! And yes, you are definitely just squeaking by with your kitchen. lol! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bunny. Can't wait to see this one completed, not to mention your new kitchen.
    Be always over one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little ornament and that lace is beautiful!
    It pains me to stitch over one. Just can't see as well as I used to but I admire other's ability to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Love the lace bit.

    I have the same pair of scissors and they're my favorite. Sharp tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. seeing Carol's & now yours, I must pull this one out to stitch.....so pretty!!! Love the over one effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to hear that the kitchen project will be over soon!
    I really need to stitch this one! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finish...can't wait to see it together. Brave you, kitchen remodel before the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ornament is great. Love the finishing fabric and ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha!! If I'm the "Queen of Over One," where is my crown?!

    Love your finish, Lee--it looks perfect!

    Cant wait to see some kitchen photos--you're almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not only is your stitching great, the presentation is as well - way to go Lee!!! I'm in the middle of Barb's and just think this one must be next.

    Ah, the joys of remodeling but sounds like the timetable is in time for Mr. Turkey. Enjoy your new kitchen.

    (Memo to self - send Santa a memo about Carol's missing crown).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad your kitchen is nearly done. How appropriate that your inaugural dinner will be Thanksgiving.

    When we were renovating our house, we had a plumber at our house until 3 or 4 in the morning -- on Thanksgiving morning -- reinstalling our powder room.

    The crazy things we do...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Another one for the tree!

    Yippee! The kitchen is done. Happy dance for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet ornament! I ♥ the Sampler Girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I need to look at my issue of JCS....cute finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful stitching on your ornament! Glad your kitchen is coming along in time for Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. did that call for over one or did you just do it that way, i have forgotten!
    Love it and when I was going through the issue it was one I decided to do for next year!
    Love the finishing pieces too, it will be so cute, looking forward to seeing the finished piece.
    When we redid our kitchen two yrs ago it was such a relief when it was finally done, I hate working around all the mess. congrats on having it in time for Thanksgiving, nice way to break it in.
    Looking forward to seeing pics.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet!
    Enjoy your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a really sweet finish:)

    ReplyDelete