Tuesday, November 22, 2011

For Thanksgiving

I know that I start to fret the day before every holiday.  Did I buy enough (fill in your own blank)?  Will the weather turn bad?  Will the food be ready in time?  Is my house clean enough?

And the biggest one - Will my turkey be dry?

So I may need to skip out on blogging tomorrow, so today I want to wish all my friends a Happy Thanksgiving.  Whether you are celebrating with a boisterous crowd or by taking the day for some much needed quiet time with your own thoughts or if you're celebrating somewhere in between,  this little Irish blessing sums up my wishes for you.

"May you be blessed with
warmth in your home,
love in your heart,
peace in your soul
and joy in your life."


See you after the holiday!

10 comments:

  1. A lovely little blessing. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, I sort of envy you Americans this tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your dinner Lee!
    Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your turket will NOT be dry -- it wouldn't dare. :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Lee. I am thankful for your hilarious blog!! Hope you have fun with your family .
    I pour orange juice over my bird while cooking and it is always delicious(.I know it sounds weird )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Lee. Hope your turkey is nice and moist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm asking myself the very same questions Lee....the very same...and cripping around like a 90 year old lady from crawling all around checking for dust bunnies and sadly find them.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

    Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving Lee! Have fun in that new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really? Those are the questions you're asking? Well, that's my problem. I was wondering whether or not there will be enough vodka!

    ReplyDelete