Thursday, November 10, 2011

My favorite thread color

I approached this question as if I had only one color that I could stitch with for the rest of my life.  There are so many amazing thread colors out there...so in order to choose just one, I had to look at it as if it was a life decision.  (Too dramatic?  Yeah, maybe...)

Anyway, if I had to choose one color of thread to make me happy for a lifetime, it would be RED.  I love red samplers.  I love redwork quilts.  So I think I could be happy with a lifetime of red. 

Of course, red can also break my heart.  Red is kind of like having a bad boyfriend.  It seems like a color of strength and passion.  It's all awesome looking and happy and while you're working with it you'd like to think that nothing bad can happen.  This time, it'll all be perfect.  But you kind of know in your heart that it's not going to take much for red to bolt.  One day a  tiny bit of water will make things just slightly imperfect and red will get all annoyed with you and start to run.  Still, here's the thing - Red will make you cry, but for some reason you just keep going back for more.

So if red is a bad boyfriend color, what is a good husband color? I'm thinking green.  Any thoughts? 

7 comments:

  1. Snap! Mine would be red too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say my favorite thread color would be red. I love red, especially red samplers, but probably to make me happy for a lifetime, it would have to be blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue - for both! Red is all fire and passion. But, blue...is calm, collected, and reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good husband color? I would have to say blue or olive/khaki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good husband color? I agree either blue or green. Calm, steadfast, strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite color is green. Husband material would be blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Periwinkle--so calming. Subdued. Good looking but doesn't stand up and shout "look at me."

    ReplyDelete