Friday, November 04, 2011

Pictures from Deep Creek

As I was telling you yesterday, a couple weeks ago I spent a wonderful morning and afternoon with some stitchers on a retreat in a gorgeous house in Deep Creek, Maryland. Deep Creek is only about a 30 minute drive for me, and since I usually drive over an hour for stitching meet-ups, this felt as if it was in my own backyard. So I met some old friends there and even made some new ones - a day well spent!

Nancy was working on this lovely sampler by Heartstring Samplery.  The color variation in her thread isn't very visible in this photo, but in person the end result is really charming. 

When she wanted to switch projects, Nancy brought out this stocking she has in the works, made of felt and embellished with embroidery. It's going to be a knockout when it's done!

Colleen was working on Primitive Needle's Kindred Spirits.  Really wonderful design, made even better by her fabric choice.

Linda frequently chooses designs with thoughtful sayings.  I think it reflects her kind heart! 

Janice, lover of most things Quaker and/or French was working on this design. Janice always seems to pick designs that I love and want, but unlike me, she actually stitches them.  This designers name is on the tip of my tongue and I just can't remember it.
Andrea was stitching a BRD piece. It's a cute, small design!  Nice for a day stitching with friends.
I met a new-to-me stitcher, Becky, whose over-one Halloween piece was awesome.  It's on some kind of silver/grey evenweave - a great background for those colors.
Another new friend, Lynn had a wonderful farm scene in her Qsnaps.  I don't remember the designer, but with the trains, it makes me think of a Patricia Gaskin design? 
And finally, here's my work for the day, as I continued with La D Da's Pumpkins Three.  It's pretty simple, on white linen with DMC 4130.  It may be tea or coffee dyed when it's done.  Not sure I'm crazy about the bright white...


And that was my day at Deep Creek!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and stitchy kind of day. Glad you had a mini-retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see the variety of designs, it just shows how we all have styles we enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! It's so much fun to see what everyone is working on! Thanks for sharing with us. Love your La D Da piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a great day! Everyone was working on great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone's project looks great, I love the variety!

    My MIL has a house at DCL, I'll have to let you know the next time we head up there. Do you know where they stayed? Isn't it beautiful there?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice variety of pieces everyone was working on! I really love that little over one black kitty in the pumpkin--so, so cute. I've thought about stitching it myself, but I'm not sure my eyes would hold up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Heartstring sampler. I am going to start calling you the "traveling stitcher."

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a fun retreat for stitchers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun day! Everyone's projects look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great collection of different projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what fabulous projects! I loved seeing all the photos--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, what nice works.

    I'm jealous of your retreat at DCL. I want to go there some day.

    ReplyDelete