Monday, November 14, 2011

Sometimes the heavens tell you what to do

As I told you yesterday, a good part of my weekend was spent driving around Ohio.  Is it my imagination, or is it just that I'm noticing these things more because we bought a camper, or is there actually a camper in every yard and driveway in the state of Ohio?

So Saturday morning, Dave and I pulled out of the driveway at 6AM and hit the road for Oberlin and the Great Lakes Regional Cross Country Meet.  It was a pretty uneventful drive, except for when Dave panicked after looking at the car's clock and couldn't figure out why we were so running so late.  Well...I hadn't set that clock back. So all was well.

And we were driving, driving, driving all along flat, flat Ohio, when I looked up in the sky and saw this!  Stitches in the sky!



They followed us for quite a way...an omen, maybe?  Directing me to a shop maybe?  Hmmm.

OK, so we arrived at the meet, set up the picnic, then watched my daughter run in her last meet of the season.  She's had a great year and capped it off with another great run.  Not bad for such a little shortcake.

So we hung out for the picnic, cleaned up, then started for home.  Except that I reminded him that the heavens had told us we had to make one more stop before we could go home.

So we stopped to visit Just Stitching in Strongsville.  It was ok, but I think the shop's stitching "personality" didn't sync with mine.  Not that it wasn't a nice place or that it didn't have nice things.  We must just have different tastes.  I came away with one chart - another Silver Creek sampler.  There was a really nice stitched model in the shop.  Don't you love to see models!

4 comments:

  1. Yep...that's a sure sign to navigate to the nearest stitchy shop!
    I really like the chart you picked up.

    I know what you mean about a shop "personality" not matching with your own. One shop always comes to mind when I think of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day to drive to Oberlin - across flat Ohio!!! The first picture you took where there's a high wall on the left - I know exactly where that is on the Ohio turnpike as the next exit is where I get off to go to my cousin's or visit my old neighborhood or go to Just Stitching. The shop used to be different (IMHO) Lee, but it has really changed in the last 2 years and it's sad to see empty pegs on the walls for overdyeds and not much fabric either. However, the models are terrific and bring inspiration.

    BTW Lee.......Shelley is opening Covered Bridge for a few Saturdays, so maybe we can plan a trip to see how she's doing. Although I have no clue how she'll be managing a wheelchair in that shop.

    Love the x-stitches in the sky.

    And congrats to Colleen and kudos to her parents for following her through a great season of x-country running.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL in Maine those campers are usually joined with a boat and a bunch of snowmobiles.

    Congrats to your daughter and I love the chart you bought. I have never been to that shop but it was on my list for the next time I visit my sister in Akron. Guess I will not make the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great trip and so happy DD did well!

    As for Just Stitching -- let me guess - the owner never even said hello! Been there done that. Should have sent you to Crafty Ewe -- they have a fabric wall to DIE for!

    ReplyDelete