Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Stitching Bloggers Question for November

No, your eyes don't deceive you.  The SBQ is making a comeback!

Some of you may remember that I hosted the SBQ for one year, then offered to pass the hosting along in April. 

There were no takers back in April and I was feeling burnt out so the SBQ fizzled, but recently CinDC, who writes over on the blog Pencil Crossings, has offered to feed me questions if I'll continue to host the project.  Cheryl says she misses the SBQ and she's decided to do something about it.  She's a busy working mom with twin preschool daughters, and yet she's preparing creative questions for our blog entertainment.  You go, girl!  How could I turn that down? 

So look for a new question on the first Monday of each month.  Or thereabouts.  (Since it's actually Wednesday already...Where did those days go?)

OK - here is the November SBQ:

What's your favorite color of thread? Pick just one. Why do you like it?

Yes.  Just one.  This simple question may be harder to answer than we think...

12 comments:

  1. Pink! Absolutely pink! It makes me happy and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DMC 115, hands down. I love the variegation, the easy availability and the economical price and red is my favorite stitching color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't pick just one - it depends on my ever-changing mood and the seasons! Is there a thread out there that changes like mood rings do - if so, then that would be it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Posted to http://cross-stitch.livejournal.com/3535757.html

    My response:
    I hate to pick just one, but DMC variegated 4240. One of the few colours whose number I don't have to look up! Have used it in a number of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love DMC 930 - it's blue and has been my favorite since I started stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you are right, so hard!

    Gloriana Fallen Leaves, Waterlilies Kelp, see, I am cheating already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the one that comes to mind is Carrie's Creations jelly fish - haven't stitched anything with it yet but whenever i come across it,i am always itching to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. White-that-isn't-white. For overdyed cotton floss. I just LOVE how it's there ... but it's not. :)

    ReplyDelete