Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gotta Get My Groove Back

Really.  It's been 18 days since I visited my own blog.  I thought I had lost my blogging groove earlier in the month.  Now I know that I did.

I'm blaming it on the pain medicine.  I take as little medicine as possible, because it makes me really, really stupid. I wish I was funny-stupid when I take that medicine,  But I'm boring stupid.  I've been doing things like standing in the grocery store in front of the Mac And Cheese display and staring at it for 15 minutes because there are too many choices.

OK, so...it seems that to get back a writing groove, one must simply write.  Just start.  And I've decided that I'm going to start with a self-created meme for February - you know, the month of love and Valentines.  So my plan is to write about things I love for the 28 days of February.

I'm calling it a month of People, Places and Things that I Love.  I tried to make an acronym of that, but it comes out PPTTIL, and if you try to say that it sounds like you're blowing raspberries at someone.  So we'll stick with the long version.

And don't think I'm going all sentimental on you, because I think my plan for March will be inspired by March Madness and will be 31 days of things that drive me crazy.  As in mad.  Get it?

While we're waiting for February to begin, you can look at three little Valentine smalls that I've been playing with in January.  I'm also working on a fourth and will have pictures eventually.


Thanks for visiting!

26 comments:

  1. Hugs Lee, I have BTDT myself and I "Love" your February and March ideas....brilliant!
    Your Valentine smalls are gorgeous and I just love the colors of each one.
    Hang in there
    Hugs
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes - and I kind of like the raspberrry-sounding version of the acronym. ;) I hope you'll be feeling more yourself soon. (Tho' there are an awful lot of varieties of mac & cheese - and they all taste like salted cardboard. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Valentine finishes are soooo cute!! Welcome back to the land of the blogging!!! You could always go with "PeoPLaTIL" as an acronym, but that sounds like "Pee on a platter" so you may not want that either! LOL...=/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finishes, will look forward to March madness. I have that pair of scissors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad news...February has 29 days this year. Your valentines are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Valentine stitching...hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed you Lee - your Valentine smalls are adorable. Am hoping your blogging plans for Feb & March come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm beginning to think that stitchers are second only to librarians when it comes to creating acronyms. LOL Welcome back! (I'm especially looking forward to the madness posts in March....)
    Your Valentine smalls are cute. I was considering the Plum Pudding Needleart heart for an exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Vals are really sweet. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice finishes! The over one piece is really lovely. Look forward to 28 days of things that you love and really can't wait for the March posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a plan. It will be fun to see what you have to say each day. Maybe I'll be a copy cat. I'll think about it for a couple days. Is there anyone else doing it?

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. 17 days without blogging?! You're becoming like me, Lee!! Actually, I managed three posts so far in January with a 4th on the way :)

    I love your Valentine's day finishes and can't wait to see the 29 things you love in February... Hope you feel better very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your valentines are super cute! Love your plan for Feb and March!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The good thing is your are back!! Your valentine projects are very nice. I love the little quaker heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep! I have sort of lost the blog/stitching bug, too. Glad you're back and I love your idea for February and March posts. Your Valentines are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the hearts. The cat you did is so pretty. You will get the groove back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you're back! Don't let your plan to post daily cause stress you. If you miss a day or two - or more - we'll still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Valentine smalls are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's good to see you post again. I really love your Valentine smalls and anxious to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Valentines! beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Lee! Thank you for visiting my blog. Your Valentine's stitching is beautiful - I love your 'LOVE' piece! Keep well :)

    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your Valentine's pieces... and I love the meme idea! I'll look forward to seeing your posts... and I might have to steal the idea myself!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think that all of us go through a lull in blogging and stitching (Lord knows I've been going through one), but it eventually comes back and we're still out there!! You pieces are very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmm, I may be stealing your idea, is that alright? I need to be more positive! Love the little Valentine pieces. Do hope I get to meet you, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful V-day pieces! It's good to see you here. Pain medication = low motivation for anything. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete