Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

"You say, I break with thee... I break with thee.. I break with thee.. and then throw dog-poop on her shoes" (Steve Martin's Wild and Crazy Guy on SNL) 

February's SBQ is about break-ups.  Is there anything in your stash that you are ready to end your relationship with?  I know some of you never discard a project, but I certainly do!  I'll eventually decide that I've lost that loving feeling.  Enough is enough and I'll toss the whole thing in a bag as a give away.  

How about you?  Is there anything that's still calling (and emailing and texting) you, but you are SO not interested in it anymore.  (Wait...are we still talking needlework here?)  So write about it.  (Not him or her....that's a post for another day)  Take a picture too, if you'd like. 

9 comments:

  1. OMG! I was just thinking about this the other day while going through my WIP's I have a Blue Ribbon Desgn piece I started it about 4 years ago. I have frogged it at least a dozen times and started it over twice with two different fabrics and it is still off UGH!!!

    I really want to toss it but I fell guilty, but I am going to bite the bullet and DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat Miller has a stitching blog and a blog entitled "Stitching Destashing". I've bought and sold, and it was a great experience every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I posted on my blog, stitchingchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually ran one of my pieces through the paper shredder because it really made me mad.
    I caught some grief from some bloggers who thought I was such a nasty wasteroo but my goodness...I really felt better afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...dang, I thought this was going to be a self-help article and I was getting ready to have my daughter, Katie, that just suffered a break-up to come and be dazzled by your words Lee :) cause Mom is at a loss here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom always sent me to the mall for retail therapy. Seriously. Don't worry about forming bad habits. First, it's good for the economy! ;) Also it's not a habit that's stuck with me.

      Delete
  6. Can't say that there is. It may take me 20 years to get it done (ahem... Mime) or 10 years (TMQ), but I usually finish the projects even if they're not my taste anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Meari. I usually finish. Eventually. Long answer's on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Posted on the LiveJournal cross stitch community. http://cross-stitch.livejournal.com/3586510.html

    ReplyDelete