Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 14

Happy Valentine's Day to all my fellow bloggers!

Day 14 brings me to Ireland, a place that I love.  I could go back in a heartbeat. I went on and on about this trip last year, so I won't subject you to that again.  I'll let the photos speak for themselves.


Here's some more of my very own stitching, too, adapted from an older Blackbird Designs chart to make a Spring ornament. Well...it may become an ornament if it finds its way out of my pile of Unfinished Finishes. 

Center motif from BBD's 2004 Country Garden although I removed one part of the design and added the word Spring and the little heart.   Stitched on 32ct. PTP Doubloon Jobelan, with Crescent Colors, WDW and DMC threads.  I plan to use the HDF silk chenille in this photo when I finish it. 

8 comments:

  1. I can tell why you love Ireland so much just from those few photos, Lee. To experience it in real life, must be incredible :)

    Your little spring BBD is adorable and would make a perfect ornament :)

    ♥♥♥ Happy Valentine's Day, Lee! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day Lee. I love the little spring piece, it is pretty. It looks almost like my favorite house we owned.♥ I hope to visit Ireland one day too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics of those little shops!!!!

    And I'm loving your spring stitch! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Portugal, Ireland is always in the agenda because, like us, is a country in crisis (finance and economy, arghh!). Never been there but would love to meet a leprechaun! Or find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little project!!!! Happy Valentine's Day :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the jealousy.... Ireland AND that lovely BBD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ireland is definitely a place I'd love to visit someday. It's beautiful. Pretty WiP. Love the pastel colours.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete