Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 15

I love books. I think I've had my nose buried in a book since I first learned to read.  The format of a book doesn't really matter to me.   I love a nice book-in-hand, I love audio books and I love ebooks.  But I'm not fond of newspapers and magazines.  They have too many distractions for me.

Here's a neat little YouTube video - I know it has made the rounds on blogs and Facebook, but maybe it'll be new to some of you:


I'm really close to finishing the sampler I started on my birthday last year.  Really, really close! I just need to stop hip-hopping around and finish a few areas.  (and start the border, but let's not talk about that right now)  Like newspaper reading, this sampler holds too many distractions for me! 
Antique Sampler, by The Sampler House (Eileen Bennett)


19 comments:

  1. That sampler is gorgeous. I don't think I could put it down til I finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine my life without books. Like you, I'm not fond of newspapers or magazines.

    Your sampler is beautiful - I love the "love me love my samplers" sentiment on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee, what a cute video, I love books too, both ebooks and the old-fashioned kind ;) Your sampler is looking beautiful! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty sampler with soft muted colours. I do love a magazine, I'm afraid, I'm always drawn to glossy magazines with pretty crafts and gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sampler! Yum! I love books too -- couldn't live without them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your sampler and it's colors. Good luck with the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very beautiful sampler !!!

    bisous de France

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty sampler!
    What a cute video. :) I can't imagine life without books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! I love that piece. I stitch it for my mom several years ago for Christmas. It's a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your sampler. I don't think I've ever seen that piece before, but it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet sampler!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you're so close to a finish, Lee--we'll be happy dancing with you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love books too and that video is so cool. Beautiful sampler. You're almost there!

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Give a good book and you have an happy woman. Since young, that was a way of getting knowledge in a very fun way. We have a lot of them and nothing, but nothing can compare to opening a book, smelling the paper, starting to read!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sampler is gorgeous. Are you bringing it this weekend? Ah Books - you know I can't live without them - they are my business. But I've loved books forever and now I love e-books too. (And I like magazines, especially my stitching magazines!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the book thing and the sampler's not bad either! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw the video, it is nice, and the pictures are too.

    ReplyDelete