Saturday, February 04, 2012

Day 4

When I was a young girl, my dad was in the Naval Reserves and he had to be away two weeks each year as part of his duties.  One year he was away for my birthday - it had to be when I was about 12 years old - and when he came home he had brought me this little porcelain egg.  It has always been one of my favorite things.  Then, fast forward to my 40th birthday, when Dad sent me 40 bright yellow daffodils.  They will always be one of my favorite flowers. I love their bright, sunny yellowness that pops out when the rest of my outdoor world is still brown and gray.  They just make me smile.






And as for stitching that I love today, this adorable little pincushion was stitched and finished by Sadie, over at Stitching up a Storm.
Sadie says it's from an older magazine, The World of Cross Stitching

Sometimes small and sweet is perfect!  And I love, love, love her little heart shaped pins.  Now, if I wanted to be really greedy, I would NOT tell you that Sadie is offering this as a giveaway gift on her blog.  I would tell you NOT to go over to Sadie's blog and enter, so that I have a better chance of winning.  *Sigh* But go over anyway.  It's too sweet to keep to myself.

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet memory. Your Dad brought you the perfect thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wandered lonely as a cloud/That floats on high o'er vales and hills,/When all at once I saw a crowd,/A host, of golden daffodils;/ Beside the lake, beneath the trees,/ Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

    I planted 50 along my walkway. I can't wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet story. Daffodils are such happy flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! Love daffodils, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daffodils, wonderful. Spring flowers are so heart-warming and during the extremely cold days we are having right now I long for spring and for seeing the first spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Treasure what time you have with your father. He sounds like a great dad to have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are my favorites as well! How funny that I posted a photo of one the other day as well. I can't grow them here in TX but did have a yard full when we were in PA. Thanks for making me smile today!

    ReplyDelete