Monday, February 06, 2012

Day 6

Ever wonder why I named my blog Lake Stitcher? You folks who have been here for a long time know why, but it's been a long time since I posted any pictures of the lake across the street from my house. I love this lake.    In fact, for years it was the focal point of my social life.  See that little sandy beach?  We'd spend all summer on that beach when the kids were little.  Usually just after nap time we mothers would start arriving with our kids and we'd hang out till suppertime...or even later if we'd all order pizza or bring food for a pot luck.  I made some life long friends while I was sitting on that beach.

Then as the kids got older, they would graduate to the "diving board side".  All summer long you'd hear the sound of the springboard - I still love that sound.  Then as they got older, maybe they'd be allowed to take a canoe or sailboat out onto the water.  The children loved the freedom of being on those boats and away from the grownups.  What they didn't know is how easily sound carries across the surface of the water and that we could hear most of what they were saying out there...

So - here's a Place that I Love:


Today's stitching that I love comes from Katrina, over at The Needle's Promise. I love it when stitchers take a wonderful design, like BBD's Christmas Garden, and make it their own.   She substituted an alphabet for the words "Christmas Garden" and I think she's made a lovely design even better.  As Katrina says, now it can be displayed all year, rather than only during Christmas.  Thanks Katrina, for allowing me to use your photo.

Oh, and don't you just love the scissor fob?

BBD's Christmas Garden as adapted by Katrina at The Needle's Promise

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful sight to see from your front window! Living by the lake sounds like loads of fun. Plus you have the serenity of a water scene. Lucky! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the lake and your descriptions. I can just hear the spring board, kids voices drifting across the lake. And thank you for mentioning my Christmas Garden, you are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, well now I want... no, NEED a lake across the street from my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a lucky lady living across the street from a lake. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you love it there so much, Lee. I've always wanted to live on a quiet lake myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an idyllic looking place, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh....I grew up on a lake, and swam, and skied, and collected tadpoles and fished and even had a (one-man) sail boat when I was older. I LOVED it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you to live in such a gorgeous spot. Ps. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lee, I just love all of your pictures of the lake. How lucky you are to live right there. I moved to CT because of the lake here that I visited all my life and hopefully someday I will live where I can see it every day!
    I love the stitch you picked from Katrina. She really made that piece her own. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are incredibly lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete