Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Day 8

My brothers and sisters.


What's it like to be the oldest sibling in this motley crew?  I think the pictures say it all.  We can usually be caught smiling.  Well...Except when we're fighting.  But you'll see happy faces especially when one of us has a satisfied smile on her face because she was a good girl and looked at the camera when MomMom asked her to.  And because of that behavior she usually got the bigger doll from Santa.  It's good to be the Queen of the Siblings.

Today's stitching that I love is by Kay, over at Kay's Random World. Will you look at her progress on Flower Power?

Flower Power,  designed by Crossed Wing Collection
While I've never stitched any of these Crossed Wing charts, I've admired them for years.  I even have several...but I'll probably never stitch them.  That's why I enjoy seeing others working on them.  I don't know, maybe one day I'll start one.  Especially if stitchers like Kay keep inspiring me!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love you stitches ..

    bisous xxx de France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay's Flower Power is so colorful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous stitching! Definitely a lifetime project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing old pictures! Not knowing you are the oldest, I was trying to pick you out in the bottom left photo....I thought you were the one on the right because it looked like Colleen. I dont' know which adult child that is but hopefully Colleen isn't offended.....

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. The CW piece is beautiful. LOL @ Queen of the Siblings... I am also the oldest. Let's just say that everything the other did wrong was my fault because I was the oldest and should've "known better", LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great family pictures! Especially the way your little sister is looking at you in the top one. I have so many family pictures from past generations in my basement right now, I could spend hundreds of hours looking at them. The biggest lesson: write on them so kids, grandkids, etc., know who they're looking at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...I love that photo of you with the "big" doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go ahead and jump right into a CW pattern. They tend to be rather straight forward. I've also finished up A Dog's Day Out by Crossed Wing. It isn't anywhere near as big as Flower Power is going to be, so I know there are smaller charts out there by her. I'm glad you enjoy seeing Flower Power. I've just noticed that Becky over at Becky Bee's Stitching Hive is working on it too.

    ReplyDelete