Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Day One

Well, here we are at Day One of the People, Places and Things that I Love Month of Blog Posts.  And you know that I have to start off with this guy.  Sure....I joke about him in my blog, but the fact is:  He's an all around wonderful man and I love our life together.  He actually doesn't mind that I poke fun at him, that's how good-natured he is.  And believe you me, he can give as good as he gets.  Sometimes I get a good zing in, but usually I'm the one being zinged.

The Many Seasons of Dave
And because this is really a stitching blog, I'm going to show you some stitching that I love, also.  Since my stitching output is rather pathetic lately, I'll probably pull from the daily feeds to my Google Reader. 

Today's lovely and lovable stitching comes from Carol, my friend over at Stitching Dreams.  This bit of stitching is one of my favorite January themed pieces.  It's tough to still be in a snowy mood after Christmas, but this little piece captures the beauty of January without continuing to pound us with holiday themes.  And as usual, Carol has stitched it beautifully.

January Monthly Series by Waxing Moon Designs

Finally, it seems that I'm not the only one who wants to talk about what they love. I got a note from my stitching bud over at Thread and Fabric and she's doing something similar.  Pop over there and say hello!

13 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean about getting zinged! My Masterchief is a good sport and can take it but boy he sure knows how to dish it out too! We have alot of fun together.
    I really like the blue thread used in the January piece.
    Thanks for the links. Going now......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful first day. 28 to go!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like me and my hubby too! Love Carol's piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are off to a great start! Love that January piece that Carol did. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweet husband takes it like a man, just as mine does :) You make a handsome couple!
    Well...I want to say "I agree totally" about Carol and her wonderful stitching. I want to be just like her! :)
    Now to pop over to your other friends blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Portugal
    It is wonderful to write about the things we love, is it not? My husband was the one I owe the ideia of having a blog, so starting with the husband is a thing I totally understand. Nice guys deserve all the compliments we can give them. Being a very recent visitor here will for sure to get back and pay a visit, at least to see all the good thigs you have to talk about. Since Portugal is in a financial and economical crisis and life is a bit hard here, I need all the things I can have to give a smile to my face
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is another Dave :). I fell in love with that piece on Stitching Dreams and have ordered the chart. Even though I live in a warm climate and we don't have snowy Januarys, I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Dave is number one! At first I thought you were showing a picture of your son. Ahh, that rhymes. I still love this stitch. Going to add it to my wish list!

    Can't wait to see what the other 28 days will bring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics of you and Dave! He looks like he'd be a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful photos of you two, Lee--you sure look like you're always having fun together :) And thanks for your kind comments--that January piece will always be one of my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pics of Dave are great. Your life looks better than good.

    I have to ask ... Are you still petting your new kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post. I also love the January piece, and have commented about it on Carol's blog.

    Have a fun February.

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky girl! Dave sounds great.

    ReplyDelete