Thursday, February 02, 2012

Day Two (and edited already)

You know, I'll bet there was a time in my blog writing life when you all were thinking, "Will she shut up about her kids, already??"  But boy-oh-boy, do I love these two.  If there was some weird time/space occurrence and I was told that I'd have to go back 25 years and raise these two kids again, I'd happily do it all over and I'd love every minute.

But don't let their smiles in these photos fool you.  Often it was because they were laughing at me.  Don't you hate it when your children join forces to make fun of you?  Those rotten kids.  Now that I think about it, maybe I don't like them so much.  But since I started this post and worked so hard on their photo collage, I'll show them to you anyway:



And Day 2 of Stitching that I Love:  Here is Nicole's latest sampler. Go here and you will see her post with more closeups and different angles and more info about the sampler. There is so much to love here.  Starting with all of those crazy bricks.  Then there are the ladies with the hands on their hips, the little foxes and the colorful birds.   

Thanks Nicole, for letting me share your latest finish!

The Scarlett House "Sarah Elizabeth Brooke", stitched by Nicole

** And later that day Faye finished her S.E.B, too! Go see Faye's version as well.

11 comments:

  1. What is there not to love about your two adorable kids?! I know exactly how you feel because I feel the exact same way about each one of mine.
    Nicole did have a stupendous and FAST finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll, Lee! Lovely pics of your children. I am also in love with Sarah Elizabeth Brooke too, I have it kitted up and ready to go and on 40 ct too--oh no! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snaps of the children...they remind me of my two; they laugh at me and conspire behind my back all the time, LOL! All in fun of course...

    Love SEB...she is a real beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, your husband looks old now! :) Your kids conspire against you? Nah, they just like to keep you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fair Allegheny yonder on the hill,
    Through all the years...

    Sorry. Having a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with going on about your pride and joy! Know exactly what you mean about doing it all again! Our kids are such a joy to our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo collage of the kids! Nicole and Faye did an excellent job on their Sarahs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those rotten kids look great! My kids and I have always abused (and I mean that in the nicest way) each other, too. I figure that moms are meant to be laughed at.

    I've seen Nicole's and Faye's samplers, and I'm feeling a true need for that sampler ... darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of the kids!
    Love Nicole and Faye's finishes ~ beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think my guys are happiest when they're making fun of dear old mom!! It's all good natured teasing though and I know your kids are the same way :)

    I love the photo of the two of them hugging at Johns' high school graduation--you can just feel the glee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would gladly raise my two all over again too! No matter how old they are, the best sound is hearing my two laugh.

    ReplyDelete