To be honest, it was a project I grabbed last year and threw into a bag without much preparation. I wanted some larger count fabric and I had some 28ct. white linen, and I had a couple skeins of DMC variegated floss and I figured I was good to go. Even though later on I wasn't really crazy about my fabric and thread choices, the design was still nice enough that I picked it up again this year and kept at it. And I finished it yesterday - a perfectly dreary afternoon with lots of football to keep me company.
Except I still wasn't in love with the color.
So I decided to experiment, and I gave the whole thing a bath in water that I had boiled with onion skins. (thanks Pinterest!) I like these colors much better. It's hard to see in my photos, but that stark whiteness is gone and it toned down the DMC a little, too.
Earlier in the week I had finished stitching another Halloween kit, too. Here it is, ready to be made into something - either a flat fold or a pinkeep style ornament.
So I guess it's time to find another car project. Because we're still driving around Ohio, watching this girl run on several Saturdays. I marvel that she's coming to the end of her college cross country career... Dave and I couldn't be more proud.
Atta girl, Colleen!