Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Still stitching Fall!

But soon I'll be switching to Christmas and Winter.

In the meantime, what is it about Fall stitching that's so much fun?  Is it the richness of fall colors?  The whimsical designs?  Whatever it is, I've had a wonderful time starting a few new things and finishing a few older projects this year.

This first pic is part of a Blue Ribbon Designs sampler, called Autumn Leaves and Sunflower Seeds.  Belinda's samplers can be stitched all as one big design, or broken into smaller designs.  Something about this flower basket called to me.  I think it was the red flowers! I used most of the recommended threads and stitched it on 32ct. Lambswool linen.  It'll make up into something cute, but I don't know what yet.

And this little LK design had been floating around in my To Do basket for years.  I like everything about it, so why on earth did it take me years and years to stitch it?    That's a piece of 28ct. Newport linen and WDW thread.  Super fun!
Dave and I have been traveling every single weekend this month.  We spent a wonderful weekend in Cleveland for a hobby show.  Well, he went to the hobby show.  While he wheeled and dealed over hobby shop purchases, I grabbed the car keys and took myself on a shop-hop of sorts, visiting Crafty Ewe in Broadview Heights one day and Clare's Stitching Post in Vermillion the next. It was heavenly.  Both shops were wonderful and I was able to find lots of the fabrics and threads I had been looking for.

This past weekend we took a quick trip to New Jersey to look at another type of camper.  Airstream makes a conversion van style camper and we had been kicking around the idea of using something like that instead of our trailer.  It didn't take long for us to see that the van-style camper wasn't for us.  But it was worth the trip to see them in real life. 

I have two more weekend excursions coming up and then I think I'll be home for a while.  Meanwhile, the dust-bunnies are thriving!

14 comments:

  1. Hello Lee, I've just discovered your blog. I love your Autumn stitching, especially the Blue Ribbon piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your stitching looks great. I especially like your Autumn Leaves and Sunflower Seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching! I love that LK sampler and I know I have that chart. Your plaid linen is a wonderful choice! Now I have to see if I have anything like that in my stash. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little L*K on the Newport linen - charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall stitching looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really pretty. I like all of the fall colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous fall finishes, Lee! I know what you mean about fall stitching--I really do think that is my favorite, too.

    Sounds like a great time at those cross stitch shops in Ohio... Really looking forward to next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the fabric in that Lizzie*Kate piece. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fall stitching. I think it is the colors.
    You guys are busy! Stay safe out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stitching Lee. Congrats on the finish. I just kitted up Autumn Leaves and Sunflower Seeds.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lee! Cute, cute, cute fall finishes! Jealous of your travels.

    Debbie in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great autumn pieces! Enjoy the weekend travels - the bunnies will be there later when you're home watching it rain or snow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least you are stitching! Both look great!

    ReplyDelete