Monday, January 21, 2013

Normal, I like you.

Hey friends! It seems like we were just ringing in the New Year, and that makes if feel like time has flown by.  Except I keep thinking that this January has been one hell of a long month.   Between the holidays and some family illness in Philly, life was topsy-turvy.  But now things are settling into normal routines again and you know...I really like normal.

Normal means that I get time to stitch. A couple weeks ago I almost put all of my Christmas/Winter themed UFO's away.  After the decorations were down, boxed and closeted, I looked at the couple of Christmas-y projects in my basket and I felt....MEH.  But I kept out the two that were closest to completion and I persevered and I may have a couple finishes to show you by the end of this week! 

I'm very close to finishing this PS Winter sampler.  (I made even more progress last night.  Yay Football!) Once this is finished, I'll have stitched Winter Wind and Autumn Leaves.  Won't it be nice to start Spring?  It may be exactly what the doctor ordered!


That's on 32ct. Lambswool linen with a combination of DMC, GAST and WDW threads.  I'll share my thread conversion with you when it's totally done. 

So, this week brings a couple chances to stitch with friends and I'm looking forward to that more than I can tell you!   I've learned that I like to stitch while people are talking, so when I'm stitching alone I usually listen to a podcast or an audiobook.  Except I've been stitching alone so much lately that I'm starting to talk back to the iPad.  Really.  This has to stop.

18 comments:

  1. The PS is looking good
    Do what the doctor ordered, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful piece, you'll have it done before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The PS is looking great--you'll be happy dancing in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Winter Sampler looks beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!!!!

    Spring would be nice.....14 degrees isn't a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost done. It's beautiful!
    I vote for an early Spring too.
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it's looking grand, Lee!! I really need to stitch more of the larger PS samplers... am thinking about the February one as my next piece... (just thinking!)

    Sure hope this weather cooperates for Friday--can't wait to get together with you and Linda. It is snowing like crazy here today so maybe it will get it out of its system :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your PS winter sampler. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm lovin your Winter Sampler. Makes me want to start mine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful. See, I like to stitch in the quiet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your PS Winter is so pretty. Will you make a PS Seasons wall grouping? I stitch to the TV, but can't keep up with either when trying to listen to audio books. Hope your get together happens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like normal too - even uneventful is fine with me!

    Your Winter Sampler is cute - I love the red house and the red birds! I enjoy stitching with friends too, though I have to say I generally don't get much done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Winter Sampler is so cute and except for no snow on the ground, it describes our weather perfectly.

    I always have an audiobook, music or a movie playing when I stitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This piece is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on the PS! I have almost all of them and need to get moving on stitching more. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh, you always make me laugh! You're talking back to the iPad? Yeah, I can picture that. That might be better than talking to yourself (like moi)! mutter, mutter, that's me. Of course when no one is around.

    I love this PS series and I love your stitching. I await eagerly for your conversion!

    PS On re-reading your previous post, I am totally with you - I've stitched a LOT already, you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete