Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Can't show you much today...

...Because I've been working on a gift, so I don't want to give too much of it away. I don't think its recipient reads my blog, but we can never know...

I can show you a little bit without giving the whole thing away, so here are a couple snippets.  I'm using Valdani silks and a Silkweaver overdyed linen.  At least I think it's Silkweaver...if not, it's Lakeside.  And it's a Sunflower Seed design.


Dave and I are getting ready for a trip to Georgia soon.  After the weather we're enduring this week, the thought of traveling south almost 600 miles is really appealing.  I'd love to see some flowers!

But before we go, I have to finish gathering our papers for our tax return.  Yuck.  They're so complicated this year, and where the heck are all those little bits of mail I dutifully filed away?  So now I'm off to hunt...

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Lee! Enjoy your trip to GA - I could use some warm weather and flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in GA and the Bradford pears are in full bloom right now...you should see tulips and the end of the daffodils, and if you're lucky, the cherries will start while you're here. =) Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitches! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I see here, this is going to be a lovely gift for someone. I can't wait to see it when you can show us.
    Enjoy Georgia. I liked it there very much, even though I was there for work.
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching! Enjoy your trip and stay safe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful so far! You might want to wait a few weeks to come South...While it certainly isn't as cold as up north, etc., it's still chilly for us down here in NC and further down, darn it!!! I'm sooo ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taxes are never fun that's for sure. Hope you have fun on your trip and your project is looking fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. un inizio di lavori davvero interessante, complimenti
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty spring stitching, Lee! I guess that is about all the spring we're getting around here this week! Will winter never end? Blech...

    Safe travels to GA! Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete