Tuesday, August 06, 2013

The last time we met here on this old blog, I mentioned that we had a new college graduate in the family.  Those four years flew by, as I knew they would.  We dropped this girl off for cross country camp at the College of Wooster in 2009...



And this is who we got back in 2013.


Except we don't really ever "get them back", do we?  I mean, that's our goal - right?  To give them a firm foundation so they can push off, take their own leap in the air and create new foundations for themselves.  Our Colleen seems poised on that edge, as she waits for her next adventure in life.  I know the leap will come soon.  We couldn't be more proud of her.

So...Another week of summer has come and gone, but it feels more like fall around here than summer.  My Favorite Weatherman tells me that we had some record cold temperatures here in July, with one night hitting a low of 43 degrees. Brrr!  Throw on that extra blanket!  It's been nice to have the A/C off for a couple weeks though.  I need fresh air.

I have a couple new bits of stitching to show you.  The first is from Plum Street Samplers' newest, Betsy's Stockings.  It was super fun to stitch.  And if you buy a fat-eighth, you can fit all three stockings onto it.
On 36 ct. Meadow Rue, with WDW threads

And we made an unexpected trip to Cleveland last weekend, so that always means a stop in Crafty Ewe, where I found this JBW chart.  It's not newly published, but it was new to me and it seemed like Fall was in the air anyway, so I couldn't resist this quick stitch.


On a scrap of light green linen, with WDW threads and Victorian Sampler hand dyed chenille.
Till next time...

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishes! Congrats to the college grad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like yesterday we were giving you college advice! Congratulations, Colleen and Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to your daughter, she looks so happy. Lovely little stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaahhh! Our oldest son is just beginning college in a few weeks. Man!
    Sweet stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation....and to you! Beautiful stitching; I really like the JBW piece. It's good to see you blogging again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Colleen and to her future ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your daughter's achievement - it's a special time in her life as she starts new adventures. Love your new finishes - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your daughter! Your post reminds me of taking our daughter to college 4 years ago.

    Your finishes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to your daughter! Love the finishes. The pumpkin pin pillow is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute finishes.

    Congrats on the DD's graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a proud moment for you, Lee--hard to believe those four years passed so quickly. They do grow and mature so much in that short time period... Congratulations to Colleen!

    This cool air is a bit too cool for me--I feel that we haven't had a proper summer this year. I'm tired of throwing on my winter bathrobe in August!!

    Love your stocking--how cute and your little JBW piece is adorable--I just love those designs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on raising a fine woman who will doubtless take the world by storm. And of course congrats on wonderful stitching -- that JBW is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stocking and I just *happened* on the same JBW chart in my local LNS. Congratulations to Miss C - she looks like you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to your daughter!
    Two nice little finishes that you accomplished. That stocking looks really great.

    ReplyDelete