Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Next stop...Myrtle Beach!

After my visit to The Stitch and Frame Shop, we hitched up the Flying Cloud and drove from Ebenezer Park to a campground in North Myrtle Beach, aptly named Myrtle Beach Travel Park.  We had vacationed in nearby condominiums before and had always wondered about this campground right on the beach.  So we decided to check it out.  It was nice enough...plenty of amenities, but the campsites closest to the beach really packed us in like sardines. You get to know your neighbors' habits pretty quickly.  And there was no shade...which any fool could've deduced ahead of time, but not this fool.

 Next year I'll opt for a shady spot back from the beach with a little more breathing room.  On the other hand, the beach was only THIS many steps away.  We enjoyed breath-taking sunrises and sunsets all week long.

(I know I said we were tightly parked, so you may think I'm exaggerating when you look at this photo, but those are across the path and were tent-sites.)  

And just as stitchers who meet up and talk about their favorite road trips to shops, fellow campers love to come introduce themselves and talk about their favorite campgrounds.  A camper in Rock Hill told Dave and me about another nice municipal park in High Point NC, so rather than head straight home from Myrtle Beach, we took a brief detour to High Point and spent a night in a beautiful park called Oak Hollow Campground on High Point Lake.  It was just what we needed after a week at the beach.  I welcomed the cool air and green trees.

Took my stitching chair down to the lake's edge and enjoyed its beauty while I stitched.

And the next morning it got a little too chilly for outdoor stitching, so I sat inside and stitched at the kitchen table.

That afternoon we hit the road for home.  Coming home is always a mixed bag...I'm sad to see our trip end, but glad to be back, too.  Anyways, we have some great vacation memories and I even have a little bit of stitching to show for it - in my next post!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds fun to go RV camping and yours looks so retro on the outside. Love it. I've never been in one. It looks like you found some really nice campgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful trip...safe journeys home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed my home.... The Carolinas~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. How relaxing to spend so much time at the water's edge! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lake looks so inviting! And of course, the beach is fabulous! I am definitely a water person... at least for admiring and walking ALONG--I don't swim. It's the serenity and the sounds, so soothing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete