Thursday, February 27, 2014

Blog Stats

Do you ever check your blog stats?  I try not to get caught up in that trap, because I know that writing a personal blog isn't about popularity and numbers.  But sometimes I'm curious.

So recently I looked at my blog stats and in particular at my most popular posts - in terms of page views.  Hmm.  The statistics really surprised me.

I've written 1050 posts, and the most viewed post of my blog was just last summer, when I wrote about our trip to Myrtle Beach.  Really??  I didn't write a single thing about stitching and there's not a even one photo of stitching, but it had 2214 hits.  I think the lesson is:  If you want lots of hits on a post, just write Myrtle Beach in the title.  Maybe the term "Flying Cloud" got hits from Airstream enthusiasts, too?

The second most popular post I've ever written was under 30 words and posted on January 23, 2011 when the Steelers were in a playoff game. I also added a photo of a Terrible Towel.  That had 878 views, which seems measly when compared 2,214, but still....

So if I'm ever feeling unloved in the blog world, I'll write a post and title it:  "Driving the Airstream Flying Cloud Trailer to Myrtle Beach While Waving the Steelers' Terrible Towel".

13 comments:

  1. Lol!!! It makes you wonder sometimes doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sense of humor. I have seen the same thing when I have been curious enough to look at my stats. I don't put much stock in the numbers I see. They make no sense. I attribute it to goofy monster search engines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How strange?! I would have thought the Ryan Gosling posts would get the most views. They're my favourites anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a title for a post!!!
    I am probably a sad case but I like looking at my stats and I was pleasantly surprised when my freshly created chainmaile tutorial quickly overtook my previous top post and keeps generating a lot of interest every day.
    Most visits in a day I had when I wrote about my difficult personal moment :)
    I've come to a conclusion that much more people like gossip and all crafty stuff is for much smaller auditorium :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I occassionally check my stats. I find it amazing how many views I get, but so little comments. My highest view has been the filing cabinet makeover/tutorial I did. Almost 1300 views. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't checked mine in a while but my most visited prior post used to be "Cactus Fries". Go figure! I think it's all about those google searches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! I sometimes stumble over the stats looking for the template stuff. Usually causes an, Oh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL.... Now you got me curious... so I'm off to check my blog stats......OK I'm back...Well that was a big let down. Biggest count "50" on my February Wipocalypse post for this month. Oh well, like you said Lee. I'm not making posts for popularity just my love of needlework and showing my progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol - now, if you just somehow added the word chocolate in that title, you'd probably crash your server! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL about your humor and about the commenters' humor.
    I rarely ever look at my statistics but will do so after finishing reading the articles in my reader and figure out what kind of title I'll have to come up with for my next post, lol.

    ReplyDelete