Monday, February 24, 2014

More work on the Love Sampler

The weekend retreat to Villa Maria was the perfect time to make some progress on my Moira Blackburn Scottish Love Sampler.  You know the saying, "Eat. Sleep. Stitch"?  It's pretty close. Throw in "Walk" for some of us, and "Nap" for others, and lots of gabbing and laughing.  That's kind of it in a nutshell.

As you can see, I'm getting close to a finish here.  




Most of my weekend was spent in the lower right corner.  That border takes a crazy long time to stitch! 



And also in the theme of LOVE, it's so interesting that every person who had a comment about my Watson vs Sherlock as a boyfriend question chose...Watson.  Well I'll be darned.  I wonder what that says about us?




16 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely piece!!! Retreat weekends are always great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler is lovely, Lee. Glad you had a wonderful weekend retreating!

    Enjoy your week!

    Robin in Virginia

    PS Thanks for the link! Off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always underestimate the time a border takes! Making good progress and I love the fabric you're using for MB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful piece, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great weekend. This sampler is gorgeous. You are getting close to finishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching! Have this in my stash for one day. Please tell me about the dainty needle keep. I think it says we prefer the handsome and reliable to the pretty and dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you were able to go on a sweet stitching retreat! I love the project you are working on. About now I need a stitching retreat in Arizona! A walk and stitching in the sun would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a very pretty sampler, I've not seen it before. The border is most effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors in that sampler are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sampler is wonderful, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE that! I am not a huge sampler fan but I really like that one! Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous sampler Lee. Love the colors.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. its looking beautiful! i can see why the border takes so long! But it will be utterly stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Moira Blackburn's designs. I already did this one and it hangs in my dining room. I also did her Three Things which hangs in my entryway. Plus, I just finished Season and Time a few months ago, and I donated that one to a charity auction. Saved the pattern though in case I want to do it for myself.

    ReplyDelete