Monday, April 20, 2015

April Stitch From Stash report

$49.92     Starting balance
$  0.00     Purchases Mar 21-April 21          
$  0.00     Credit for finishes (pitiful, I know)
$25.00     May allowance
$74.92     Available to spend in May

Well, how about that??  A zero purchase month! But also a zero credit month, so I don't exactly know how to evaluate that.   I even had a birthday thrown in there with a generous gift certificate from the World's Greatest Husband, but I still held back from buying anything.

Does that mean I have reached Stash Critical Mass?

Nahhhh,  I have a one-day stitching retreat coming up soon and one of my favorite shops will be there, so I'm sure that every penny of my allowance will be disappear fast as a bolt of lightening.

Well, we have just one more week till we head home.  Florida certainly has been interesting, with its population that swells and deflates over the winter and all of the characters that come and go as a result.  My favorites are the very past middle aged men and their trophy wives.

Yesterday I was at the beach and watching this older gentleman put suntan lotion on his trophy wife's butt cheeks. She was wearing one of those those bathing suit bottoms that are not quite bottoms and not quite thongs?  It was part hilarious, part gross.  I looked at Dave and mouthed "trophy wife".  He smiled.

The beach was super windy yesterday, and it was impossible to lay down because you'd get blasted with sand.  But Trophy Wife wanted the beach chair, so Husband gave her the beach chair and laid on the towel and despite being battered by sand, he immediately fell asleep for over an hour.  I was astounded.  Later, as they were packing up to leave, I told Dave, "Wow, I can't believe he slept for that whole time."

Dave said, "That's because he was tired.  What he used to do all night now takes him all night to do."
I know that's a song lyric...I just have to find the song.  I mean...if I can find the time, since I'm so busy being a neb-nose at the beach.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the remaining days in Florida! I had to chuckle over your old man and trophy wife comments. Congratulations on not spending your stash allowance.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it just puts a smile to one's face to watch people, lol. Have some more great days in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbords, and laugh at them in our turn?" I look forward to seeing the aftermath of your spending spree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The song you are looking for is by Toby Keith - As good as I once was. I laugh every time I hear it.
    You can find it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a monthly stash budget too. I was just thinking to myself, that perhaps that I, too have reached the point, that there is not one more chart I must have. That there might not be a necessity for me to start my own stitching addiction group. It's just, I have to be honest, other than maybe some fabrics and speciality threads, I am really am content with my stash. It will keep me busy non stop for the next 7 years. Doesn't mean I won't still find something to spend my stitching budget on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a monthly stash budget too. I was just thinking to myself, that perhaps that I, too have reached the point, that there is not one more chart I must have. That there might not be a necessity for me to start my own stitching addiction group. It's just, I have to be honest, other than maybe some fabrics and speciality threads, I am really am content with my stash. It will keep me busy non stop for the next 7 years. Doesn't mean I won't still find something to spend my stitching budget on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete