Sunday, October 25, 2015

October Stitch from Stash

As always, first the numbers:

Available to Spend in October:  $96.00
Amount I spent:                         ($12.80)
Amount I earned:                        $8.00
What I can spend in November:  $91.20.....not bad!

October was a crazy and often frustrating month, so I'm happy to have any stitching to report at all, let alone a finish.  I think it was this particular design that spurred me on...when I think about my life I realize how blessed I am.  And many, many of my blessings are because I have such terrific friends.



Threadworks Primitives:  My Treasures

I'm just back from our 6th stitching friends' weekend in North East, Pennsylvania.  North East is a sweet little town and home to lots of scenic wineries, nice little restaurants and the home of the largest plant for  Welch's foods.  Trains come through the town all day, many carrying payloads of grapes.  Some years we get strong whiffs of grape-scented air.  Pretty cool.

I took this quote directly from the Welch's website:
Home to our largest manufacturing plant, the North East location has over 350 employees who produce 280 different juices, jams, and jellies that are so distinctively Welch's. This plant manufactures over 29 million cases a year by employees working across six different packaging lines. Employees also manage up to 17 million gallons of juice in 76 refrigerated tanks throughout the year to manage an average annual harvest season of 125,000 tons of grapes delivered from 724 grower-owners in the region.

So my stitching friends and I had a wonderful weekend, stitching and eating and laughing and listening to the train whistles blow.  I am really blessed!

8 comments:

  1. Great finish! Glad you had a good time with your stitching friends! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stitching and those colors are rich. Believe it or not, I used to work at the Welch's plant! It was my first big job after college in 1975. I worked in the lab and tested all kinds of things. My most favorite was the sugar content of the corn syrup in the train tanks cars and least favorite was at the top of pallets in the warehouse counting old inventory. Grape harvest and tomato harvest were always exciting. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You got busy the minute you got home creating a post! I'm impressed. I still haven't taken the laundry out of the dryer.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adore this project. What beautiful work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great way to spend a relaxing weekend - the primitive projects is really quite fetching too! Thanks for the post...
    http://animalcrossstitchpatterns.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just gorgeous, Lee!! Aren't we lucky to have such great stitching friends. It was so good to spend time with all of you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish! Glad you had a great weekend.

    My blog is here: https://mansememories.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete